At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
12 months ago, the Coal business created the Integrated Remote Operating Centre (IROC) in the Brisbane CBD. The IROC was built to rapidly drive the Safety, Productivity and Culture agenda for Coal by leveraging excellence in control and Asset level improvement (Mine, Plant, Logistics and Port).
To date this has been a huge success and we are now ready to turn the dial up.
The role of Manager Asset & Control Improvement will work hand in hand with the rest of the IROC and BMA Integrated Operations leadership team to achieve this. The team's success is delivered through great people who will deliver the improvement agenda across both IROC and the Asset in support of achieving the Safety, Productivity and Cultural outcomes.
The Team you will Lead
Diversity of thought is key in this team to achieve the required results in a manner consistent with our values. Deep functional and technical knowledge across the value chain resides in your team focused on improvement, mining, training, processing and logistics; and your role is to ensure we support and develop these individuals and the team towards achieving first-class outcomes.
In this role, you will:
- Be a key enabler for the Coal assets delivering on its Safety, Productivity and Culture outcomes across the pit to port value chain
- Continuously improve the processes and interfaces where the operations interact with the control function
- Lead some talented and dedicated people to great outcomes in delivering the improvement agenda
- Provide direction to the Asset for investment and de-bottlenecking options
- Seek out and unlock significant value across the Asset value chain time span (0 – 24 months)
- Work with Senior leaders in some of the most exciting improvement opportunities across Coal
We are looking for a leader who;
- Is able to clearly articulate value across a mine to port value chain
- Is autonomous and collaborative in their ability to identify high value opportunity and work these through to a sustainable outcome
- Has the ability to transform complex business challenges into simple messaging and clearly articulate appropriate business responses
- Will bring structured thinking, problem framing and solving capability
- Values diversity of thinking and non-traditional approaches to solving problems
- Has the ability to lead and influence stakeholders on large Asset and business-wide initiatives
- Can bring the best out in people both within their own team, those around them, and their key stakeholders
- Has had exposure to strategic planning initiatives and embedding them into planning cycles
- Is committed to making each and every day in Coal better than their last
- Has spent time at University completing a degree that complements the capabilities and attributes required above
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team.