Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
As our next Maintenance Superintendent reporting to the Maintenance Manager you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
Peak Downs is located 6km south-east of Moranbah in the Bowen Basin.
The Maintenance Superintendent is responsible for the safe and efficient running of day-to-day maintenance operations. The Maintenance Superintendent must assure;
- Quality of maintenance work, to provide reliable plant and equipment for project operations
- Provide leadership, mentorship and direction to Maintenance Supervisors
- Ensure alignment of maintenance objectives with production objectives
- Ensure compliance to the Thiess Safety Essentials
- Ensure compliance to site health, safety and environmental policy
- Maintain and improve equipment availability and MTBF
- Contribute to the maintenance and improvement of the maintenance infrastructure
- Contribute to ensuring compliance of all tooling and support equipment to the Thiess policy and standards
- Execute the maintenance plan
- Collaborate with the planning function to optimise the plan to ensure successful execution
- Ensure adequate resources are in place to execute work
- Drive a collaborative and continuous improvement culture
To be successful in this role you will possess strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish effective working relationships with key internal and external clients. You will demonstrate the ability to deliver on time maintenance of all mobile plant in a challenging, fast paced and professional environment.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Trade Certificate/Engineering degree or equivalent qualifications
- Experience in a mobile mining plant maintenance environment in particular CAT, Komatsu and Liebherr OHT, Ancillaries, Drills Excavator experience
- Experience supervising large multifunctional site based maintenance teams
- Knowledge of job specific computer programs essential, JDE, Microsoft office
8 days on 6 days off roster
How to Apply
If achieving success through people and bottom line results, and progressing your career is your passion, then consider joining a company that's as excited about the important things as you are. Thiess strongly supports a culture of recognition, leadership development and offers a stimulating and satisfying work environment, so there is no better time to join Thiess.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the below link.
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce that represents the communities in which we operate.