ABOUT THE ROLE
• Permanent part-time, 48 hours per fortnight
• Located at Mercy Place Mont Clare
• Facilitate the process of empowerment and enable the residents to make choices and decisions which maximise their participation in leisure experiences that suits the Residents individual needs and maintains their dignity
• Will be expected to lead in the provision of quality lifestyle programs to residents by ensuring their links and interests with the community, children, hobbies, flora and fauna
• The Lifestyle Coordinator will have an important role in providing leadership to lifestyle assistants and volunteers. They will be responsible for recruitment, training and coordination of Volunteers
WHAT WE OFFER
• Values driven culture
• Salary packaging benefits
• Leadership Capability Framework to support your career progression and development
• Camp Australia School Holiday Program
• Thrive @ Mercy – our health & wellbeing hub supporting you to be the best you can be
• Stepping Stones – our flexibility framework supporting your growth and work life balance
• Fully funded childcare referral service
To find out more about these exciting initiatives, please visit Mercy Health Careers homepage (http://careers.mercy.com.au/)
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation employing over 7000 people who provide compassionate and holistic care through our acute hospitals, aged care facilities, mental health programs, palliative and respite services, maternity and women’s health services, early parenting services and home care services.
Our Model of Care is a person centred approach to aged care and is focused on relationships and enabling active participation in life with family, friends and the community.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL HAVE
• Qualifications as a Diversional Therapist – minimum Certificate IV Lifestyle & Leisure
• Clear understanding of the lifestyle role.
• A minimum of 12 months experience in aged care in a lifestyle or personal care role.
• First Aid Level II certificate.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated people management skills with the ability to liaise with residents, families, colleagues, volunteers, external agencies and community groups.
At Mercy Health we embrace diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and valued. Mercy Health encourages Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples to apply.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Enquiries to: Ms Janelle MacFarlane, Service Manager, (08) 9422 1333
Quote Ref No: MONT47
|Job Type:||Part Time|
ABOUT THE ROLE
Sorry, this job is no longer available
Mercy Health provides care services to people at every stage of their life. Join a workplace of passionate people who put care as its number one priority; for both clients & staff.
|Live Jobs: 8 - View all Jobs|
|Sector Specialisms: Healthcare & Medical|