Joining The Microsoft Team Means
Microsoft envisions a cloud-empowered world.   A world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness and more sky’s-the-limit thinking. A world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers to places they simply couldn’t anywhere else.   Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission is ambitious and at the core of what our customers deeply care about. At Microsoft we know this mission would be impossible without incredible, passionate and talented people. We want every employee to contribute their unique skills, discover their passions, and chart a course that makes a difference. We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas, because we are better together.   We take pride and live the Microsoft Values every day.
Join us and be one who empowers billions!
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
To learn more about Microsoft’s values, please visit: https://microsoft.sharepoint.com/sites/msw/Company/Values
The Impact You’ll Be Making
The Licensing Sales Specialist-Partner (LSS-Partner) is a sales professional who is responsible to close Volume Licensing (VL) deals by engaging with the Partner Licensing Sales Specialist (P-LSS) community for their subsidiary/area and by maximizing the annuity and cloud business by scaling through partners in the designated customer segment. The LSS-Partner contributes to the overall territory success by ensuring the P-LSS gets involved in developing appropriate licensing strategies to grow revenue and annuity penetration. You will develop and sell licensing solutions indirectly by coaching partners to negotiate with customers to maximize contract value and Customer Satisfaction and serve as an escalation point to facilitate and empower successful deal closing. You will be measured on sales goals as well as execution metrics involving the volume of partner closed deals and the quantity of P-LSS engagement in your territory. You will hold specific discount and customer contract concession approval authority in order to close volume licensing deals.
Examples of your business impact activities:
•      Engage with local P-LSS community by ensuring they are familiar with local processes and adhere to expectations of the P-LSS role.
•      Partner with Partner Development Managers/Territory Channel Managers to implement the P-LSS sales motion and integrate it into the standard sales process.
•      Partner with Account Teams and SMC Licensing Specialists to ensure proper P-LSS alignment and scale.
•      Ensure P-LSS are tightly integrated into all sales planning activities for their designated accounts within the defined customer segment.
•      Facilitate partner-led selling by defining the P-LSS book of business and working with internal stakeholders to ensure P-LSS are integrated in the annuity sales process end-to-end.
•      Manage escalations of pricing requests and customer contractual terms beyond P-LSS capabilities by using your own approval authority or working with other approvers as needed.
•      Recruit highly motivated and communicative individuals from LSP community meeting the profile description for the P-LSS role.
•      Drive quality performance from the P-LSS community by regularly engaging with them, ensuring, they are familiar with local processes and adhere to expectations of the P-LSS role.
•      Work with key stakeholders in the business - Operations, Partner Development Manager, Territory Channel Manager, Volume Licensing Manager and others to build a sustainable licensing growth engine that is cohesive, resilient and optimized.
•      Coach the account teams & P-LSS around account planning guidance to maximize volume licensing revenue, negotiation strategies and deal escalation strategies and tactics.
•      Ensure Volume Licensing solutions offered by the P-LSS meet customer needs by creating & proposing Volume Licensing solutions to Microsoft’s customers.
•      Contribute to the P-LSS management community by sharing best practices and suggestions improvements to the program.
Who we’re looking for…
•      5+ years in a sales role/roles.
•      Seasoned sales and negotiation professional, unafraid of conflict.
•      (Virtual) management skills with strong coaching and orchestration skills.
•      Positive attitude and a passion for working with partners and customers.
•      Comfortable speaking at all organisational levels, from the CxO to the procurement/purchasing teams.
•      Able to explain complex solutions; skilled at simplifying the complex.
•      Strategic, long-term thinker able to analyse data to identify trends, risks and opportunities.
•      Team player and collaborative – high performing individualists will not be successful.
•      In-depth and strategic understanding of Microsoft licensing programs will be required at hiring.
Education, Skills and Knowledge:
•      BA required, MBA preferred
•      Field of Study: Business, Management, IT, Commercial Sales
•      Sales and partner management, sales processes and methodologies training as per Industry Standard
•      Microsoft Certified Professional(MCP) certifications: Designing and Providing Microsoft Volume Licensing Solutions to Large Organizations