MinterEllison is an international law firm, headquartered in Australia and regarded as one of the Asia-Pacific's premier law firms. Our teams collaborate across Australia, New Zealand, Asia and the UK to deliver exceptional outcomes. We have a clear goal – to be our clients' best partner. We work on interesting, challenging and innovative legal issues and clients trust us with their largest and most complex transactions.
We currently have a number of permanent Legal Secretary opportunities across various practice groups in our Melbourne office. The groups are high-volume, fast-paced litigation practices and the roles will see you working with market-leading Partners and lawyers in providing valuable administrative support.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- manage files (both electronic and hard copy)
- diary management and organisation of authors
- monitor emails and telephone calls
- responding to client queries
- assist in maintaining client databases
- draft correspondence, document preparation and amendments
- reconcile corporate AMEX expenses
- monthly billing in accordance with client requirements
- document management ie. editing of documents, mark ups etc.
What you need
These roles present a great opportunity for someone from a mid or top tier firm, with at least 2 years of secretarial experience in a fast-paced, high volume practice. The successful candidate will be keen to learn and bring enthusiasm to our team.
In addition you will need:
- excellent prioritisation and organisational skills
- a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- the ability to communicate clearly and confidently at all levels
- intermediate MS Word skills, including document creation and presentation
- an understanding of MS Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint and other software
- an adaptable and flexible nature
- a proactive approach and a high degree of initiative
What we offer
MinterEllison people are caring, high-achieving and supportive of each other both at work and outside of it. You'll enjoy being able to call on a network of business support resources for assistance, and have the flexibility you need to engage effectively with your work, your colleagues and any further study you may be undertaking. We also offer a wide range of accessible in-house learning programs including Word, Excel and Powerpoint and other soft skill courses around communication and time management.
Legal secretaries and administrators are valued and respected at MinterEllison – you provide vital support to our legal staff and contribute to our success as a leading professional services firm. We are a friendly and supportive team that takes pride in our work, our individual and collective achievements, our clients' success, and our firm's reputation in the marketplace.
How to apply
We prefer to deal with you directly. Please submit your CV for consideration by clicking on the 'Apply' button below. If you would like further information, please contact Marianne Galvez on +61 3 8608 2716 for a highly confidential discussion.
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia