As a leading international law firm, MinterEllison offers a full range of legal services to an impressive list of clients across Australia, in Asia and globally. We work on interesting, challenging and innovative legal issues and clients trust us with their largest and most complex transactions.
Legal Secretaries and administrators are valued and respected at MinterEllison – you provide vital support to our legal staff and contribute to our success as a leading professional services firm. We are a friendly and supportive team that takes pride in our work, our individual and collective achievements, our clients' success, and our firm's reputation in the marketplace.
An excellent opportunity exists within our successful Insurance and Corporate Risk group for a WorkCover Legal Secretary. Providing high level support in a busy practice, you will look forward to a varied role where no day is the same. Your responsibilities will include:
- Client liaison
- Email and phone management
- Diary management including organising and coordinating meetings
- Drafting correspondence, document production and amendments including use of precedents
- Digital dictation
- High volume file management including file opening and closing, electronic and physical filing
- Conducting the billing cycle, including end of month billing
- Organising travel requests
- Reconciliation of corporate AMEX expenses
- Assisting in maintaining client databases
What you need
The successful candidate will have previous legal secretarial experience in a fast paced professional services environment and will also possess the following attributes:
- Be adaptable, flexible and have a high level of initiative
- Excellent prioritisation and organisational skills with proven ability to be pro-active and multi-task
- Be team orientated and committed to building rapport with your job share partner and other practice group team members
- The ability to clearly and confidently communicate with a range of stakeholders and clients
- Ability to deal with confidential information in a discrete manner
- Ability to build strong client relationships
- Strong understanding of MS Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint and other software
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- A demonstrated commitment to high internal/external service standards
- Can demonstrate their energy and enthusiasm for the role
What we offer
MinterEllison people are caring, high-achieving and supportive of each other both at work and outside of it. You'll enjoy being able to call on a network of business support resources for assistance, and have the flexibility you need to engage effectively with your work, your colleagues and any further study you may be undertaking. We also offer a wide range of accessible in-house learning programs including Word, Excel and Powerpoint and other soft skill courses around communication and time management.
How to apply
We prefer to deal with you directly. Please submit your CV for consideration by clicking on the 'Apply' button below. If you would like further information, please contact Marianne Galvez on +61 3 8608 2716 for a highly confidential discussion.
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.