- Join ASX 100 finance leader – Australia’s Most Loved Bank!
- Suit Lawyer with 2-3 years PQE experience
- We’re a flexible employer. Chat to us about what would make work ‘work’ for you.”
About the Role:
An opportunity has arisen for a Legal Counsel to join the BOQ team. In this role you will provide legal advice and support to BOQ’s Retail recoveries division.
As the Legal Counsel you will provides legal advice to BOQ and participates in major legal actions.
Responsibilities in this role will include:
- Provides foresight and protection for the company against legal risks
- Formulating strategy and assessing risk for actual and potential litigation
- Providing wide ranging advice on potential disputes and actual and threatened litigation
- Supervising outside counsel in connection with litigation and disputes
- Providing advice and training on general dispute resolution issues such as privilege, document production, responding to subpoenas
- Managing debt recovery work
- Working with audit, compliance and security and investigations on fraud and enforcement and regulatory matters
To be successful in this role you will have the below skills, knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor of Laws and 2 to 5 years post-admission experience from private practice or in-house
- Private practice experience in a dispute resolution team
- Practical litigation experience
- Plain English drafting skills
- Debt recovery experience
- Regulatory experience
- Good communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with people at all levels and skill sets and work as a team
- Ability to develop strong internal relationships
- Ability to act with integrity at all times
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career at BOQ, meet new people and join a motivated team of professionals!
BOQ culture and benefits
Work for one of Australia's top 100 listed companies where our vision is to create Australia’s Most Loved Bank! BOQ are passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and competitive environment.
We support a flexible workplace and our head office in the trendy gasworks precinct provides a great work environment with collaborative open space. Benefits include;
- Discounted financial products
- Salary packaging options
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Gym discounts and much more!
How to apply?
To apply for this role please follow the links, alternatively you can view the role on our Careers Page, https://boq-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce.
Whilst all applicants will be carefully considered, we will only be able to personally contact you if short-listed for an interview.
Newstead, Queensland, Australia