About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a recent graduate to be exposed to the fast-paced energy trading and commercial environment.
You will be providing market analysis, research, and insights, enabling the development and continuous improvement of AGL’s gas and electricity load forecasting capability, thus contributing to high-quality trading and commercial decision making.
AGL’s Load Forecasting Team is responsible for the operation and maintenance of electricity and gas demand forecasts as well as the development and enhancement of those forecasts, adding value through excellence in:
- Accurate and timely forecasting of AGL’s customer load
- Interrogation and useful interpretation of large and complex data sets
- Development of strategic insights into the changes in AGL’s portfolio
- Development and maintaining AGL load forecasting systems and tools
Although located within Wholesale Markets Division the Load Forecasting team interacts with a range of stakeholders across AGL, including Retail Energy, Business Customers, Finance, and the Information Systems Group (ISG).
We are looking for an individual who enjoys utilising their broad skillset and passionate about joining an organisation that is at the forefront of an evolving energy industry. You will also have;
- Recent tertiary degree in a quantitative discipline such as (Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Operations Research, Engineering or Science)
- Programming skills demonstrated through interest groups or work experience, ideally in Python or other programming language.
- Numeracy, including a grasp of the concepts of statistics and probability
- Internship or practical experience in the above areas will be highly regarded
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link.