Bold and innovative
We are looking for a Java developer to join a diverse and innovative team to develop and maintain our microservices API platform.
The platform is a central hub of all our business applications, hence you will be working on several initiatives and various technologies.
You will also gain exposure to strategic initiatives including Cloud migration and DevOps transition.
As a developer in our team you will:
- build and maintain full-stack applications using industry best practices
- solve interesting and challenging problems through programming
- participate in various technical discussions and help drive innovation within the business
- help the team plan, design and shape responsive web solutions in a DevOps manner
- work with our awesome and geographically-dispersed teams
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- knowledge of and practical experience in Core and Enterprise Java (1.7 upwards)
- firm understanding of microservices architectures
- experience using and developing RESTful APIs using JAX-RS, JSON
- experience with event-based and message-driven distributed system
- firm understanding of HTTP protocol, WebSocket, SSE, and other web technologies
- experience in RDMS, SQL and JPA
- the ability to communicate problems and solutions effectively with both business and technical colleagues (written and verbal)
Optional but highly desirable skills:
- experience in developing for banking or other financial companies
- experience in Cloud hosting for microservices
- experience in ElasticSearch and ELK stack
If this sounds like you apply here.
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available. Our Technology Returner program is an opportunity for you to re-integrate yourself into the workforce following an extended professional career break. Find out more and apply at https://www.macquarie.com/au/about/careers/jobs/returner-program
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers