Inventory Controller – Alexandria
CSR Building products, is a leading manufacturer of highly innovative and sustainable building solutions across Australia and New Zealand. Our Lightweight Systems business is the Australian market leader in the manufacture and distribution of Gyprock™ plasterboard, Cemintel™ Fibre Cement and Ceilector™ ceiling systems, for use in a wide range of residential and commercial construction applications.
We believe our people are the key to our success and we strive to employ talented individuals who are knowledgeable in their field and committed to excellence.
Based at our distribution centre in Alexandria, we currently have a full time permanent opportunity for an experienced Inventory Controller to join our team. In this key position, your main focus will be to maintain inventory in accordance with the National Inventory Policy and ensure an Inventory Record Accuracy (IRA) result greater than 95%.
Duties & Responsibilities;
Reporting into the Distribution Centre Manager, key responsibilities will include:-
- Ensuring daily cycle counts meet agreed targets
- Reconciling inventory count discrepancies
- Conducting and documenting Root Cause Analysis (RCA) as required
- Maintaining IRA procedures to ensure they accurately reflect the duties and tasks required
- Maintaining IRA KPI's – collate and publish IRA results weekly
- Maintaining warehouse layout with signage and location identification
- Responsibility for goods returns and STO error processes
- Overseeing goods receipting process
- Developing site procedures & provide support to the warehouse
- Managing Slow Moving or Obsolete Stock and managing FIFO
- Driving continuous improvement and reliability of the planning process
- Other duties as directed by the Distribution Centre Manager
Skills & Qualifications
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience in a similar role and a solid understanding of the warehousing and IRA business disciplines
- The alibility to conduct RCA for inventory discrepancies and be able to develop meaningful operational measures and reports.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle pressure, prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Strong analytical ability, planning and problem solving skills
- Collaborative working style
- Project management and process improvement experience will be highly regarded
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills and experience in using SAP, MS Word & Excel
- A 'hands on' approach and enthusiasm to engage in all operational functions
- Your role will require minimal use of a Forklift therefore a LF license will be desirable
Our site operates between the hours of 6am - 6pm and will require you to be flexible between these hours.
Rewards & Benefits of the role
- Full-time permanent position
- Fantastic career growth opportunities
- Excellent salary including 12% Super and Annual Leave Loading
- The opportunity to progress your career with a market leading organisation
CSR has a fantastic working environment and embraces full diversity on our sites. If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience, apply online today!
Applications close Monday, 11th September. For any queries, please contact Emilia Besha – CSR Recruitment Business Partner - 02 9964 1361.
To learn more about us visit www.csr.com.au
Please Note: CSR has a process of pre-employment medicals (including a drug and alcohol test) which will be conducted before an offer is made.