- Join ASX 100 finance leader – Australia’s Most Loved Bank!
- Suit Finance profession with Tax experience
- Chat to us about what would make work ‘work’ for you.”
About the Role:
This role is key in assisting the Group Taxation Manager across the management of all GST related matters and is also responsible for providing support and advising business on indirect tax issues and ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Assist the Group Tax Manager to ensure that the BOQ Group is meeting all indirect tax compliance obligations within each jurisdiction
- Assisting in the preparation and lodgement of the Bank’s indirect tax returns (BAS, payroll tax, FBT), including where required: reviewing working papers prepared by other staff and helping to develop solutions where necessary to ensure compliance with existing taxation laws.
- Research and provision of advice to other departments in relation to various indirect tax issues (incl. GST, FBT), including presentations to staff as required
- Identify taxation issues and opportunities which may arise and work with the Group Tax Manager and external advisors to resolve / realise benefits and management of indirect tax related audits/review by ATO and State Revenue Authorities
- Manage and progress complex taxation issues and projects to completion
To be successful in this role you will have the below skills, knowledge and experience:
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or relevant discipline CA/CPA qualified (or studying towards)
- Post graduate qualifications in tax related discipline is an advantage
- Proven Australian GST experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to develop internal and external relationships through effective communication
- In-depth knowledge of relevant legislation Experience in management and progression of complex taxation issues and projects through to completion
- Proven ability to identify and present solutions to resolving/mitigating compliance tax risks Knowledge of financial services industry and topical tax issues affecting the industry an advantage
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career at BOQ, meet new people and join a motivated team of professionals!
BOQ culture and benefits
Work for one of Australia's top 100 listed companies where our vision is to create Australia’s Most Loved Bank! BOQ are passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and competitive environment.
We support a flexible workplace and our head office in the trendy gasworks precinct provides a great work environment with collaborative open space. Benefits include;
- Discounted financial products
- Salary packaging options
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Gym discounts and much more!
How to apply?
To apply for this role please follow the links, alternatively you can view the role on our Careers Page, https://boq-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce.
BOQ is a member of the Australian Bankers’ Association and has subscribed to the Conduct Background Check Protocol (Protocol). Under the Protocol, from 1 October 2017, BOQ will contact any previous employer/s who are also part of this association to provide a Conduct Check of any potential employee.
Whilst all applicants will be carefully considered, we will only be able to personally contact you if short-listed for an interview.
- Job Location
- Newstead, Queensland, Australia