- Join ASX 100 finance leader – Australia’s Most Loved Bank!
- People leadership role for a collections & recoveries expert to drive transformational change
- Brisbane HQ based – relocation support provided
- BOQ is a flexible employer. Chat to us about what would make work ‘work’ for you.
Join one of Australia's top 100 listed companies where our vision is to create Australia’s Most Loved Bank! BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and competitive environment.
We support a flexible workplace and have a collaborative team environment. You will be part of our Collections & Recoveries team based in our corporate HQ in Newstead, Brisbane.
BOQ’s Collections & Recoveries team manages the Bank’s arrears and recoveries in our consumer lending channels and some commercial channels; early and long stage arrears, hardship exposures, minimising lending losses.
In this newly created role, you will create one consistent group collections strategy and create efficiencies by establishing one centre of excellence. By building a platform to enhance digital capability (automation, data analytics, self-service, SMS, Collections Net Promoter Score) and improving the management of BDD and arrears outcomes, you will drive improvement in customer engagement, reduce complaints and the risk of non-compliance and create substantial cost savings.
Specifically you will:
- Design & lead a program of transformational change to achieve an effective & efficient Group Collections & Recoveries function.
- Proactively identify opportunities to increase collections profitability across the end to end collections and recoveries process including early and late stage collections, placement and outsourcing strategy, hardship, complaints, legal panel management and debt recovery strategy.
- Build a core team of Collections & Recoveries experts and lead and empower the team to deliver quality customer outcomes.
- Work successfully with internal & external stakeholders to build and developing meaningful strategy that simplifies and delivers real outcomes.
- Work closely with & present to senior stakeholders and external auditors and regulators.
With extensive experience developing Collections & Recoveries strategies in banking/financial services, you will have:
- Demonstrated expertise in developing & implementing strategies for significant commercial, operational and organisation wide programs.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver transformational change.
- Exceptional relationship building skills with the ability to build credibility and influence.
- Ability to foster and cultivate business opportunities and partnerships
- Drive, energy, enthusiasm and resilience to drive through and achieve end results and improvements.
- Commercial acumen, ability to ask the right questions and an eye for detail to identify performance trends.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications preferred, but not essential
You are differentiated from your peers due to your strategic management skills to effectively balance operations management whilst delivering continuous improvement to address legislative changes, compliance, customer experience and revenue management.
BOQ culture and benefits
Work for one of Australia's top 100 listed companies where our vision is to create Australia’s Most Loved Bank! BOQ are passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and competitive environment.
We support a flexible workplace and our head office in the trendy gasworks precinct provides a great work environment with collaborative open space.
- Discounted financial products
- Salary packaging options
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Gym discounts and much more!
How to apply:
To apply for this role please follow the links, alternatively you can view the role on our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce.
Newstead, Queensland, Australia