- Join ASX 100 Finance Leader – Australia’s Most Loved Bank!
- High profile senior leadership role – Head of BOQ Broker
- Opportunity to lead the 3rd Party Distribution channel for BOQ Home Loans
Join one of Australia's top 100 listed companies where our vision is to create Australia’s Most Loved Bank! BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and competitive environment.
Working closely with the General Manager – Consumer, you will be responsible for leading the third party distribution channel for the BOQ home loan product. You will form part of the senior leadership team and play a key role in the execution of the overall BOQ consumer strategy.
In this key leadership position, you will be responsible for advancing the third party distribution strategy, leading its implementation and ongoing performance management. As a dynamic leader, you will also enjoy leading a national team of business development managers (BDMs) and the sales administration team.
Specifically you will:
- Ensure continued growth across the broker strategy for BOQ
- Lead the communication and implementation of the strategy involving relevant stakeholders
- Investigate new opportunities for third party relationships that are aligned to BOQ’s broader strategy
- Continued development of the broker channel, harvesting the existing customer base for further opportunities
- Ensure the effective commercial management of third party relationships in line with agreed contracts
- Monitor compliance and address issues of non-compliance by leading coordinated interventions as required to improve compliance awareness, and processes as required
- Establish a strong sales culture with clear performance expectations and management of sales targets
- Effectively lead, manage and develop direct reports to ensure ongoing performance
- Ensure a high level of engagement via effective leadership and coaching
- P/L ownership of relevant budget areas within the distribution channel
- Build and maintain strong internal relationships with relevant support divisions, including risk and operations, for the ongoing enhancement and optimisation of process and policy
- Participate in key strategic forums across the broader banking group
You are distinguished from your peers due to your well-developed commercial acumen, third party distribution experience, and the ability to drive sales performance. Naturally, you will have sound expertise in business development and networking due to your well-honed negotiation and influencing skills. Your impressive track record will speak for itself.
Your understanding of risk principles, product and competitor knowledge combined with your people leadership capabilities are highly regarded. You will be able to communicate strongly and openly to both individuals and groups and enjoy thinking outside the square and challenging the status quo. Above all else, you will be a self-directed, motivated team player who will enjoy leading your team through a transformational and changing environment.
How to apply:
To apply for this role, please follow the links.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
Whilst all applicants will be carefully considered, we will only be able to personally contact you if short-listed for an interview.
BOQ is a member of the Australian Bankers’ Association and has subscribed to the Conduct Background Check Protocol (Protocol). Under the Protocol, from 1 October 2017, BOQ will contact any previous employer/s who are also part of this association to provide a Conduct Check of any potential employee.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks