What Joining the Microsoft Team Means
"Educators are the ultimate source of empowerment ... Technology can help … but think about what the inspired teacher can do. Really, someone who is active in teaching is the ultimate form of empowerment … in making a difference to the world.".
- Satya Nadella, CEO Microsoft
Microsoft was founded on the principle that people can do remarkable things when technology is within reach.   Core to our mission is creating immersive and inclusive experiences that inspire lifelong learning, stimulating development of essential life skills – communication, collaboration, critical thinking, creativity, character, citizenship and computational thinking – and supporting educators in guiding and nurturing student passions.   We will empower students and educators to create and share in entirely new ways, to teach and learn through exploration, to adapt to individual learning needs, so they can make, design, invent and build with technology that stays out of the way.   At Microsoft, we believe technology has the power to support learning transformation and be the trusted partner to help governments and nations around the world to build a future ready workforce needed to fuel economies and entrepreneurship.
Join us in our mission of empowering the students of today to create the world of tomorrow.
Global Sales Marketing and Operations (GSMO) Finance is driving shareholder value in 60 subsidiaries and carries the local accountability for the financials as well as statutory and compliance matters across all segments and products.
•      Land the company vision around the transformation of our business, consumption and customer orientation in the subsidiaries and externally.
•      Drive strategic resource allocation and investments through local insights, ensuring optimal returns aligned with our worldwide strategy. Key focus is on New Business with an industry and workload perspective.
•      Build trust to lay the foundation of long-term growth from a customer and shareholder point of view in a compliant way.
•      Empower and inspire our people to lead and be part of top performing teams while providing diverse career opportunities.
This role will be based in Sydney, Australia.   Australia is a Single Subsidiary Area.   Microsoft Australia is a key enabler of the market IT growth through solid partnership with Governments, Enterprise, small and medium as well as IT partners and consumer partners of the region. The Australia Finance team has the responsibility to partner with sales and marketing teams, operations and fellow Finance counterparts in Corp.
Microsoft Finance is a truly global finance team and you will be part of the WW community of Investment Controllers to make each other great and build on each other. Microsoft Finance is a truly global finance team and you will be part of the WW community of Partner & SMC Controllers to make each other great and build on each other.
The One Commercial Partner & SMC Controller partners closely with the OCP and SMP leads to drive their business in a compliant way, ensuring business growth and forecast accuracy. The successful candidate is the Finance expert on all partner matters, including partner capacity, performance and ROI and will be the Finance front-end specialist for the structure and economics of large deals with partners and customers. The One Commercial Partner & SMC Controller is also the go-to person in Finance for the Worldwide Inside Sales (WWIS) and Software Asset Management & Compliance (SAM&C) teams.   You have a growth mindset, act as an entrepreneur that drives business impact, and continuously learn and innovate. You have a capability to actively contribute and build strong collaboration within diverse and virtual teams. You are action oriented and able to build and deliver strong results through others beyond the team as well.
You drive digital transformation in the finance function towards data driven (Machine Learning) forward looking insights. You also engage directly with customers and business partners.   You simplify and inspire through storytelling and excellent communication skills.
Microsoft values and ethical behavior are a corner stone in our culture.
One Commercial Partner (OCP)
•      Partner with the business to set the Australia partner strategy, including incentive design and Return on Investment (ROI).
•      Focus on enabling local and global channel incentive programs to drive business growth through cloud, consumption and adoption.
•      Partner with Compete lead to provide insights on the partner landscape.
•      Join the partner QBU for the top 5 non-CSP partners (LSP/ISV/Disti) and lead the financial agenda (Credits; Investments; ROI; Partner P&L/profitability).
•      Drive CSP profitability discussion with new and existing CSPs with the goal to educate, get feedback and assess partner investment commitment.
•      Be the sponsor of accounts for targeted customers/partners. Reach out to targeted BDMs at customers/partners to drive consumption from a Finance peer perspective.
•      Drive insightful analytics on top partner (top regional or national partners, Independent Software Vendors and Cloud Solution Providers) performance for the Area. Support Partner teams with product analysis to deliver Cloud/consumption actionable insights.
•      Partner with Business on partner recruitment – BDM Focus (deal structure & partner profitability). Competitive recruitment (Driving & Growing partner awareness/profitability).
•      Support Partner teams with product analysis to deliver Cloud/consumption actionable insights.
Finance & Business Excellence:
•      Work with key stakeholders to ensure sufficient credit capacity and credit term extensions (where applicable) with focus on “thin” credit lines.
•      Lead the financial Rhythm of the OCP business including forecast and budget, in partnership with WWIS.
Controls & Compliance
•      Drive compliance tone, and ensure compliance in partner vetting, management and channel incentives.
•      Review credit term extensions and credit notes for suspicious patterns and work with the Compliance Manager to ensure these are followed up and resolved.
Small, Medium, Corporate (SMC)
•      Drive the SMC business with SMC leaders, leveraging Cloud analytics & machine learning including consumption KPI’s to provide actionable insights.
•      Analyze the Digital Command Center forecast and provide the SMC leaders with a lever-based analysis to drive velocity and high ROI through the pipe.
•      Be the Finance contact for your Area for global teams at Corp for Inside Sales, CSP, and Software Asses Management & Compliance (SAM&C) issues.
Finance & Business Excellence:
•      Oversee the SMC Contingent Staff analyst and ensure accurate forecast and predictability of the SMC business, using forecast trends and machine learning.
•      Leverage the work of the Investment Controller and Financial/OPEX Controller to ensure OPEX rigor in SMC.
•      Partner with other Finance counterparts in Corp and other Areas to land above key priorities – be in the position to leverage and contribute.
•      Forecast Accuracy in partnership with WWIS
•      Attainment of Partner Area Goals
•      # of BDM engagements with Partners and topline impact
•      # of targeted CSP partner discussions; # of non-CSP partner QBRs, # account sponsorship; impact those activities drove and increase in partner $ invested in MS business.
•      Cloud business performance (mix and consumption)
•      Compliance dashboard and audit performance for SMC
•      Business Partner Feedback
12+ years of experience in finance positions with demonstrated excellence in business partnering and analytics
Advanced Excel/modelling skills
Experience in multi-tier/complex channel environment preferred
Knowledge around Cloud/Digital Demand Generations preferred
Fluent in English
Bachelor’s degree or MBA in Finance, Economics, CPA/CA preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.