Why Work For Thales?
At Thales, we’re committed to caring about the whole of you. Creating an environment of trust and empowerment where your contribution is valued, where your well-being counts and you can manage the right work-life balance for you. We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We’re always open to discussing your individual needs, just let us know what works for you.
That commitment extends through our generous benefits package: that’s why Thales were the first Engineering company in Australia to pay the superannuation guarantee on unpaid primary carer’s leave. Whether you want to work for 4 years and get paid to take the 5th year off, or you just need help finding a childcare place, you’ll have our support every step of the way.
Developing Your Career
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people, and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry. We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
Together with 65000 employees worldwide and 3500 employees in Australia across 35 locations, we’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we clarify complicated problems by combining our experience in market with our leading research and development capabilities.
We are commencing our recruitment for our 2019 graduate program and are looking for a Structural Engineering for our Garden Island site. Our site is focused on our maritime above water business. Our graduate program is a 2 year intense program accompanied by mentoring, job rotation and countless training opportunities and we offer all of our graduates permanent positions here at Thales Australia!
• Perform a wide range of professional and administrative functions appropriate to experience and specialised knowledge.
• Work under broad professional guidance, independently or as a team member to ensure that design products comply with the technical requirements of the task and are performed within the allocated cost and schedule.
• Work towards the attainment of Design Authority (DA) Signatory or equivalent for assigned tasks.
• Work towards the attainment of Chartered status of a professional institution.
• Planning of operations and or processes required to complete allocated minor design tasks, including estimation of requirements of staffing, material costs and quantities.
• Comply with all relevant company Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental policies and framework and work practices with the intent of preventing or minimising accidental exposures to self, colleagues, visitors and/or the environment.
• Work under guidance or as a team member.
• Attend regular meetings with Supervisor to build in continuous feedback mechanisms.
• Effectively communicate with all levels of staff via staff meetings, written communications and one-on-one communication. Interact and work with management/employees to promote teamwork.
• Understand technical, commercial and legal implications of actions and respond accordingly
• Ensure knowledge of quality concepts, standards, systems and programs and their importance to the organisations success.
• Understand all technical aspects of the job to achieve best results.
• Monitor quality of work and progress against plans.
• Ensure knowledge passed on to others in order to assist individuals in raising their level of competence.
• Elicit cooperation among team members.
• Successfully achieve organisational objectives by fostering an interactive team.
• Degree qualification in Mechanical Engineering with a credit average, or be in the final year of completing for graduation end of 2018
• Leadership experience demonstrated through previous employment or extra-curricular activities whilst at university
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proven ability to work within a team environment, results focused and a thirst for solving problems
• Initiative and a desire to challenge yourself and continuously keep learning
A defence security clearance is required for this role and as such only Australian citizens are eligible to apply.
A police check and pre-employment medical may be required for the successful candidate.
To play a key role in driving the success of a truly global organisation click the apply button now and submit your resume and academic transcript. For further information about Thales Australia please go to www.thalesgroup.com/en/countries/asia-pacific/australia
Please note relocation support will be provided to the successful candidate.