At MinterEllison our aspiration is to be our clients' best partner. Our large, diverse client base includes public and private companies, leading multinationals operating in the region, global financial institutions, and government and state-owned entities.
If you start your career at MinterEllison, your experience in the first few years will be full of challenging and exciting work, support and mentorship, and professional and personal growth, all the while having the opportunity to develop new networks and friendships. We invest heavily in the development and empowerment of our talent, and look to give graduates opportunities to collaborate, innovate and inspire from day one. This investment includes a number of MinterEllison's career development initiatives that drive our success with clients, our growth, and our unique culture.
What you can expect:
As a graduate at MinterEllison, you will hit the ground running. Learning on the job will help you build your commercial acumen and set you on a pathway to become a business development professional.
As a business development graduate you will:
- Work closely with business development professionals, partners and lawyers to produce high quality proposals and pitches.
- Participate in tangible on the job learning & development activities.
- Have exposure to multiple development opportunities, including support for certification as a business development professional.
You will also be allocated a supervisor for daily support who will help you manage your workload and provide you with the direction you need to succeed. You will also be allocated a 'buddy' from outside of your immediate team for extra insight and advice.
As a business development graduate, you will be directly involved in the preparation of proposals and pitches to generate new sales for the Firm. Key responsibilities will include:
- Proposal and Tender response – Working with teams to deliver client focused proposal responses.
- Ensuring a professional look and feel to all client submissions.
- Apply standard tools and methodologies to all proposals.
- Document Management from multiple sources in a time critical environment.
It is an exciting time for the team and as well as working on the general day to day responsibilities of this function as outlined above, you will have the chance to impact on a number of new initiatives and programs to continuously improve the firm's approach to winning proposals.
What you need:
We are looking for a resourceful graduate, where a positive attitude will be more highly valued than any prior experience. In addition, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Business, Communications, Law or a related discipline.
- Strong communication and organisation skills.
- The ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to effectively liaise with people from all levels of the organisation.
You will enjoy:
- A variety of challenging work assignments.
- An opportunity to develop your commercial skills within our strong learning culture.
- Support and guidance from our Client and Market Growth teams.
- Being part of a high performing team of business development professionals who are passionate about a career with MinterEllison.
- Top tier perks such as first class premises, facilities and administrative support, in-house catering, gym access and much more!
If this sounds like you, and you're interested in exploring a graduate position with us, please submit your details by clicking the "Apply" button.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia