Why Work For Thales?
At Thales, we’re committed to caring about the whole of you. Creating an environment of trust and empowerment where your contribution is valued, where your well-being counts and you can manage the right work-life balance for you. We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We’re always open to discussing your individual needs, just let us know what works for you.
That commitment extends through our generous benefits package: that’s why Thales were the first Engineering company in Australia to pay the superannuation guarantee on unpaid primary carer’s leave. Whether you want to work for 4 years and get paid to take the 5th year off, or you just need help finding a childcare place, you’ll have our support every step of the way.
Developing Your Career
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people, and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry. We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
Together with 65000 employees worldwide and 3500 employees in Australia across 35 locations, we’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we clarify complicated problems by combining our experience in market with our leading research and development capabilities.
We are commencing our recruitment for our 2019 graduate program and are looking for a Graduate Acoustic Engineer for our Rydalmere site. Our site is focused on the Maritime Underwater system. Our graduate program is a 2 year intense program accompanied by mentoring, countless training opportunities and we offer all of our graduates permanent positions here at Thales Australia!
• Prototyping and testing of transducers, data analysis and reporting activities in accordance with all relevant company procedures and any applicable contractual standards including Military Standards.
• Working with Senior Engineers and support transducer design activities
• Assisting prototype transducer and jig designs, source parts/materials, assemble and test in accordance with engineering specifications.
• Undertaking acoustic and environmental testing of transducers including data analysis and reporting of the results.
• Providing support to establish test setup for transducers
• Providing engineering support to manufacturing activities, as required.
• Documenting all design and test activities in accordance with the company IPESA Configuration Management System requirements.
• Conducting work in accordance with HSE requirements
• Degree qualification in Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics with a minimum credit average, or be in the final year of completing for graduation end of 2018
• Leadership experience demonstrated through previous employment or extra-curricular activities whilst at university
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proven ability to work within a team environment, results focused and a thirst for solving problems
• Initiative and a desire to challenge yourself and continuously keep learning
A defence security clearance is required for this role and as such only Australian citizens are eligible to apply.
A police check and pre-employment medical may be required for the successful candidate.
To play a key role in driving the success of a truly global organisation click the apply button now and submit your resume and academic transcript. For further information about Thales Australia please go to www.thalesgroup.com/en/countries/asia-pacific/australia
Please note relocation support will be provided to the successful candidate.