- Positive and collaborative work environment
- AECOM offers flexible working arrangements (e.g. part time, working from home)
- Genuine career progression
We have a unique opportunity for an experienced Fire Safety Engineer to join our friendly, social and hardworking fire safety engineering team in Melbourne. We are looking for someone with drive and initiative to take the next step in their career. You will have the opportunity to have a serious impact on the success of our business and have great fun while doing it.
As an experienced Fire Safety Engineer you will be be able to demonstrate client relationship management focused around delivering projects to clients on time and on budget in an independent manner or with support of other engineers. You will have significant expertise in developing performance based fire engineered strategies across a wide range of bespoke buildings and possibly infrastructure projects. Your primary focus with your career will be the technical delivery of performance based solutions along with a commitment to support the state and national fire engineering team.
The Fire Engineering team are currently working on a range of building types including: large and medium sized hospitals, unique education facilities, and defence projects at a national level. We are also providing fire safety engineering services for major transport infrastructure projects.
- Minimum of 3 or more years' experience as a Fire Safety Engineer within a consultancy environment
- A relevant engineering qualification, preferable in Fire Engineering or with post-graduate qualification in Fire Engineering
- A record of negotiations with approval authorities on performance based designs
- A thorough understanding of the BCA and the Australian Standards for fire systems
- Experienced in preparing fire engineering documents
- A strong background in the use of computer based modelling
- Exceptional skills in word processing and spreadsheet use
- Excellent interpersonal skills and outstanding ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders of the business
Benefits at AECOM
The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) recognises AECOM as taking a sophisticated, holistic approach to supporting women and men's equal participation throughout our workplace.
We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing.
- Flexible work arrangement that include flexible start and finish times, working from home, part time and job share options
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices
- Paid parental and partner Leave
- Purchased additional annual leave options
- Corporate employee discounts from up to 400 retailers
- Wellbeing benefits e.g. vaccinations, health insurance discounts
- Employee stock purchase plans
- Professional memberships
- Study assistance
- Professional and technical development opportunities