Avanade Australia is growing its user experience (UX) team, and we’re looking for UX designers to join us! We’re part of a global capability of digital and UX specialists helping our customers create engaging user experiences on a variety of enterprise projects for web and mobile using human-centred design methodologies. The position requires end-to-end UX design processes – from user research, persona and journey mapping through to prototyping and visual design, as well as overseeing frontend development. The role involves working within a consultancy-based environment on client sites.
Key responsibilities include:
- Monitoring trends, best practice methodologies, and identifying opportunities for innovation
- Running stakeholder workshops to gather requirements, understand business processes and challenges
- Undertake user research with the right mix of techniques such as user testing, contextual inquiry, data analytics, focus-groups, user surveys, and other opportunities such as remote research and testing
- Interpreting research to provide client recommendations using such tools as personas, journey maps, service designs and findings reports
- Facilitating design thinking sessions with cross-disciplinary teams to generate ideas and gain new insights
- Managing client expectations by creating a design vision using such tools as user scenarios, site maps, wireframes, user interface concepts, and prototypes
- Collaborating with development teams to deliver the design vision
- Operating within project constraints such as Lean UX, Agile or Waterfall methods.
- A portfolio demonstrating your design skills and understanding of frontend development
- Expert knowledge of everything UX, including user research, usability testing, information architecture, and interaction design
- Experience working with web and mobile applications as well as intranets (that is, not only informational websites)
- Strong UX/UI design and prototyping skills, including Adobe CC, Sketch, InVision/Marvel, Axure
- Strong analytical skills are essential to quickly understand problems, visualise concepts, and communicate effectively with stakeholders
- Experience with accessibility and W3C web standards will be highly regarded.
Avanade provides leading business technology services and solutions for its clients, delivered through the power of people, digital innovation, and the Microsoft ecosystem. Avanade has over 28,000 professionals connected across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture. We pride ourselves on our diversity, and seek talented individuals who bring their best to build inclusive teams. Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture and Microsoft. Learn more at www.avanade.com
Requisition ID - 45819
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.