ABOUT THE ROLE:
Reporting to the Chief Executive – Health Services, this role will see you working consultatively and collaboratively to motivate and manage a diverse team.
• Permanent Position, Full Time
• This position will see you based at Mercy Hospital for Women and Werribee Mercy Hospital
• Travel to other sites within Victoria and New South Wales is required at times
• You will be responsible for professional leadership of and strategic workforce planning for Nurses and Midwives
• Provide operational management of Environmental and Food Services, Health Information Services, Infection Control, site Directors of Nursing, Patient Access and Workforce and the Learning team
• Utilise your leadership skills to positively promote and implement growth and change
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation employing over 7500 people who provide compassionate and holistic care through our acute hospitals, aged care facilities, mental health programs, palliative and respite services, maternity and women’s health services, early parenting services and home care services.
Mercy Hospital for Women is a fully accredited Level 3 Specialist Teaching Hospital in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Neonatology, Anaesthetics and Gynaecological Oncology. We are a specialist referral centre with the medical, nursing, midwifery and allied health expertise to treat the most complex obstetric, neonatal and gynaecological cases.
Mercy Hospital for Women has 229 inpatient beds and over 5,500 babies are born here each year.
Werribee Mercy Hospital is currently a 200 bed community hospital in the rapidly growing western suburbs of Melbourne. Hospital services include surgical, medical, maternity, newborn, renal dialysis, emergency, mental health, aged, palliative and community care. The hospital admits more than 20,000 inpatients, delivers over 2,000 babies and attends to more than 35,000 people in the Emergency Department each year. Werribee Mercy Hospital is currently undergoing significant expansion including an additional 6 Operating Theatres, 52 Inpatients Beds and a new 8 bed Critical Care Unit due for completion mid-2018.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
• Division 1 Registered Nurse/Midwife (current registration with AHPRA)
• Post Graduate Clinical qualification is desirable
• Post Graduate qualification (or working towards) in Health Services or Business Administration Management, or equivalent qualification
• Previous senior management experience in acute health care
• Sound financial and operational management abilities
• Knowledge of public health funding policies
• Experience in workforce planning and training
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Values driven culture
• Salary packaging benefits
• Leadership Capability Framework to support your career progression and development
• Camp Australia School Holiday Program
• Thrive @ Mercy – our health & wellbeing hub supporting you to be the best you can be
• Stepping Stones – our flexibility framework supporting your growth and work life balance
• Fully funded childcare referral service
To find out more about these exciting initiatives, please visit Mercy Health Careers homepage (http://careers.mercy.com.au/)
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Enquiries to: Adjunct Prof Linda Mellors, Chief Executive –Health Services on firstname.lastname@example.org
Quote Ref No: MHVL 25
|Job Type:||Full time|
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Mercy Health provides care services to people at every stage of their life. Join a workplace of passionate people who put care as its number one priority; for both clients & staff.
|Live Jobs: 58 - View all Jobs|
|Sector Specialisms: Healthcare & Medical|