As a leading international law firm, MinterEllison offers a full range of legal services to an impressive list of clients across Australia, in Asia and globally. We work on interesting, challenging and innovative legal issues and clients trust us with their largest and most complex transactions.
Our Property Team
Our award winning Property team advises major property investors and developers on all facets of commercial, retail and residential property matters. Some long-standing clients include Aveo Group, AMP Capital Investors, Brookfield, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, DEXUS, Lendlease, RNA, RSL Care, Springfield Land Corporation, Stockland and Suncorp.
We are looking for an experienced senior Executive Assistant with a desire to provide a high level of administrative support to a busy and successful team. In this position you will be an integral part of the team and work closely with and provide a full range of legal secretarial support to a senior Partner, Special Counsel and two lawyers.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- document preparation (including the use of precedents) and amendments
- proactive diary management and coordination of travel arrangements
- answering calls and monitoring emails
- file management including opening and closing files, electronic and physical filing
- end of month billing and reporting
- digital dictation
- reconciliation of expenses
- general administrative tasks such as filing and photocopying
- other ad hoc duties as required.
What you need
To be successful in this role, you will need strong organisational skills as well as a high level of initiative and enthusiasm. In addition to this, you will possess the following experience / attributes:
- previous experience within the legal industry or professional services environment
- strong understanding of software applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, practice management and other technology systems
- exceptional technical skills and preferably, experience working with precedent documents
- excellent attention to detail
- ability to manage multiple tasks and manage deadlines
- excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise and negotiate at all levels
- resilience and a commitment to excellence
- self-motivated with a high level of initiative and the ability to work autonomously.
What we offer
MinterEllison people are caring, high-achieving and supportive of each other both at work and outside of it. You'll enjoy being able to call on a network of business support resources for assistance, and have the flexibility you need to engage effectively with your work and colleagues. We will provide you with opportunities to learn and to develop your skills within the team as well as offering a wide range of accessible in-house learning programs. Other benefits include gym membership, a confidential employee assistance program, health and wellbeing programs, social club membership and much more.
How to apply
We prefer to deal with you directly. Please submit your CV for consideration by clicking on the 'Apply' button below. If you would like further information please contact Donna Cornell on +61 7 3119 6229 for a confidential discussion.
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.