As a leading international law firm, MinterEllison offers a full range of legal services to an impressive list of clients across Australia, in Asia and globally. We work on interesting, challenging and innovative legal issues and clients trust us with their largest and most complex transactions.
Legal secretaries and administrators are valued and respected at MinterEllison – you provide vital support to our legal staff and contribute to our success as a leading professional services firm. We are a friendly and supportive team that takes pride in our work, our individual and collective achievements, our clients' success, and our firm's reputation in the marketplace.
We are focussed on collaborating, innovating and inspiring each other and our clients. We understand that the high standards we set ourselves in a top tier law firm means that we are constantly challenged to deliver our best and excel. It involves managing multiple stakeholders and working collaboratively across offices, countries and time zones.
We take pride in being our clients' best partner, and enjoy working within teams of professionals who share their knowledge, respect our values and support each other to achieve our collective goals.
Our Dispute Resolution team
Our Dispute Resolution team is a tight knit, friendly, hardworking and successful team of nine lawyers and graduates lead by two impressive and well known partners, with a wealth of experience and very interesting case load.
This position is a maternity leave cover contract of 12 to 14 months with a chance of extension.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Developing productive working relationships with key contacts internally;
- Electronic and hard copy document and file management;
- Diary management and organisation of authors;
- Document production including use of precedents and new documents;
- Organising meetings;
- Monitoring emails and taking telephone calls;
- Organising interstate travel;
- Assisting in maintaining client databases;
- Drafting correspondence, document preparation and amendments;
- Digital dictation;
- Reconciliation of corporate AMEX expenses;
- High volume file management including file opening and closing, electronic and physical filing;
- Conducting the billing cycle, including end of month billing, time recording and reporting;
- Management of client billing according to protocols;
- Business Development involvement including initial drafting of tenders, pitches and credential documents, CV compilation and maintaining of deals database; and
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
What you need
You will possess the following attributes to be successful in this role:
- 5 plus years EA/PA experience (experience in a contentious practice is highly desirable);
- a strong client focus and demonstrated ability to form enduring relationships with peers, industry experts and clients
- resilience and a commitment to excellence that matches our own
- pride in your work and who you work for.
- Willingness to learn.
- ability to work well under pressure.
What we offer
MinterEllison people are caring, high-achieving and supportive of each other both at work and outside of it. You'll enjoy being able to call on a network of business support resources for assistance, and have the flexibility you need to engage effectively with your work, your colleagues and any further study you may be undertaking. We also offer a wide range of accessible in-house learning programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and other soft skill courses around communication and time management.
How to apply
We prefer to deal with you directly. Please submit your CV for consideration by clicking on the 'Apply' button below. If you would like further information, please contact Chris Carmichael on +61 2 6225 3263 for a highly confidential discussion.
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.