MinterEllison is one of the Asia Pacific's leading law firms. Established in Sydney in 1827, our firm today operates in Australia, Hong Kong, mainland China, Mongolia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom through a network of integrated offices and associated offices.
We are building a culture where we collaborate, innovate and inspire each other and our clients. We understand that working for a partnership in a top tier law firm is busy and often challenging. It involves managing multiple stakeholders and working collaboratively across offices, countries and time zones.
We take pride in being our clients' best partner, and enjoy working within teams of professionals who share their knowledge, respect our values and support each other to achieve our collective goals.
Our Client & Market Growth team
Our national Client & Market Growth team at MinterEllison is a high performing and critical component of the law firm and essential to the firm's success. The team supports the partnership by providing the full spectrum of business development and marketing services to ensure the firm develops and maintains strong relationships with new and existing clients.
An opportunity has opened in the Client & Market Growth team for an Events Consultant in the Perth office.
In this vital role, you will be responsible for the management of events in the Perth office. The role reports to our National Events Manager based in Melbourne. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- implementing client events held on reception. This includes seminars, workshops and client entertainment. These could either be MinterEllison events, or those we host on behalf of our partnerships or memberships
- managing and implementing off-site client events supporting the event management for our Board & C-suite series in Perth
- managing our client lists and ensuring the right audience is targeted managing small off-site lunches and dinners for key clients at premium restaurants
- Participating as a key member in our national events team
- Supporting our event consultants in other locations depending on capacity and availability, with a particular focus on providing Melbourne support
Your role will involve:
- All aspects of event coordination from the initial inception and scoping, through to delivery
- Managing all aspects autonomously. This includes liaising with internal client floor personnel on the room set-up and catering, sourcing and booking external suppliers as required, invitation design and distribution, monitoring event/seminar materials, AV requirements, table planning, RSVP tracking and client feedback
- Managing 'on the day' logistics of all events
- Preparing debrief reports
- Set, manage, report and code individual event costings to ensure they are within key budgets.
- Post event attendee follow-ups: updating the database and ensuring client thank you notes are delivered
What you need
We are looking for an enthusiastic and resourceful professional with:
- experience in corporate event management with the ability to take on a high volume of events
- excellent stakeholder management skills and experience
- excellent written and oral skills
- Strong administrative skills and experience working with Content Management Systems
- a strong, proactive client service focus
- ambition to achieve results and contribute to the success of our business
- resilience and a commitment to excellence that matches our own pride in your work and who you work for.
What we offer
MinterEllison will support your continued development through a wide range of accessible and structured learning and development programs, mentoring from skilled and intelligent leaders, and by surrounding you with teams of great people who are happy to share their knowledge and learn from you as well.
You will also have access to a wide range of top tier employment benefits, which are designed to help you complement your lifestyle outside of work and support your professional needs. These include first class premises, facilities and support, state of the art technology, competitive salary packages, gym membership, corporate discounts, an extensive health and wellbeing program and much more!
How to apply
We prefer to deal with you directly, so please submit your CV and cover letter for consideration by clicking on the 'Apply' button below. If you would like further information, please contact Sandra D'Souza on +61 8 6189 7839 for a highly confidential discussion.
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.