Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
As our next Environmental Advisor reporting to the Technical Services Manager, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
This position is based at Lake Vermont Coal Mine, which is situated near Dysart in Central Queensland.
Some of your duties will include:
- Ensure site environmental compliance with all relevant legislation
- Ability to strategically influence the design, construction and consultant teams in areas of environmental management and sustainability to deliver outstanding outcomes
- Management of topsoiling, site water and rehabilitation works as well as the necessary quality assurance metrics
- Developing, implementing and maintaining Environmental Management Plans
- Ensuring environmental programs, initiatives and innovations are effectively communicated and promoted to strengthen the culture with the business
- Client and regulator liaison and reporting
- Co-ordinating environmental monitoring, inspection and auditing programs and maintain associated documentation and records
- Providing interpretation of results and regular progress reports against environmental performance targets
What skills and experience do you need?
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science/Environmental Engineering or other relevant sciences
- Several years of site based environmental experience (with mining exposure preferred)
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross functional teams as well as autonomously to deliver objectives
- Candidates with S1, S2, S3 and G2 qualifications will be highly regarded however are not essential
8/6 Wednesday to Wednesday – Camp Facilities Available
When do you need to apply?
Applications Close Sunday 26th March 2018
Thiess is an international organisation with a diverse workforce enriched by an inclusive work environment, accessible to all. We leverage the diversity of our workforce to continually innovate and deliver world class projects for our clients. Thiess encourages applications from people who contribute to our diverse workforce and align with our cultural values.