Your role in the future:
The goal of the nbn Security Group is to provide trust and confidence in the protection of nbn's assets. The business objective is to minimise disruption to business activities, enhance customer satisfaction, protect nbn's reputation and manage security risks to nbn assets in a cost effective manner. In your new role, your team will be responsible for the development of the nbn Enterprise Security Architecture, patterns and security technology strategy. Your team will also be responsible for engaging with projects and other nbn architecture functions to ensure compliance with nbn's Security policies, standards and architectures while meeting the growing needs of the business.
You can contribute to:
- Development and maintenance of nbn's Enterprise Security Architecture, Policies, Standards, patterns and technology roadmap
- Communicating security requirements, enterprise architectures, patterns and technical standards to solution architects, project staff, and business stakeholders to ensure security is designed and implemented into all solutions and services through an Agile delivery model
- Developing security standards and patters, with supporting documents (Guidelines, FAQs), appropriate to the audience, to enable consistent understanding, design and implementation of security architecture;
- Utilising nbn's risk assessment processes to define technology security risks in consultation with business stakeholders / project staff and Security Risk and Assurance functions, including formally assessing, negotiating and documenting acceptable treatments for technology risks;
- Establishing strong partnerships with peers, Project Managers and solution architects, Systems Engineering and Operations, Network Engineering and Operations, Future Technology and Architecture and other nbn functions, to ensure security is engaged early and responds quickly to assess security risks for all: (eg Technology or Service Introduction/change, disengagement.)
- Working with peers and architects to document and maintain, the baseline security controls across all environments;
- Collaborating and communicating across the security teams to align practices, techniques and methods.
- Proactively lead the development and dive the delivery of the Security Technology Strategy
A bit about you:
To be successful in this role, it is essential that you have extensive experience in the security industry with knowledge in enterprise security architecture, security management systems design, implementation and/or consulting. You will be fully conversant with ISO27k Security Standards, and will be aware of architecture standards such as TOGAF, SABSA and eTOM. You will have experience with applying security through agile and dev ops. You're an individual who has the ability to work with ambiguity, presenting outcomes in business language with business context as well as demonstrated experience with risk management frameworks. Knowledge and experience working with security controls across a broad range including applications, infrastructure, networking systems, cloud services, personal and physical areas will be ideal..
In addition, you will be able to:
- Present aspects of security architecture, patterns or blueprints to target audiences with differing levels of technical capability from highly technical to nbn business stakeholders with little security knowledge
- Develop and drive a business case to gain support and funding to uplift security controls and services
- Engage a range of different stakeholder groups and obtain consensus and agreement of solution architecture and solution designs with minimal disruption and/or contention
- Understand the key processes (including integration into IT and Network systems)
- Mediate, with the ability to discuss opposing viewpoints and negotiate a suitable and equitable outcome
How to apply:
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending in your resume only. We do not require a cover letter or any selection criteria to be addressed.
nbn is a fast moving organisation with lots to deliver - so we may not always wait until the job ad expires before reviewing applications. As a result, you should submit your application as soon as possible!
At nbn our people and our planet matter. We have an unwavering commitment to the wellbeing and safety of our employees so that everyone goes home safely each day and can perform at their peak to deliver the nbn™ network.
nbn seeks to create an inclusive and diverse workplace that is reflective of the wider communities in which it operates and balancing opportunity for all. We are building a culture where different perspectives, thinking and skills are valued, and people are supported to achieve their potential. In particular, nbn is committed to increasing the participation of women in our organisation and especially women in leadership positions.