Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organisations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organisations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
We're building out a team to improve the social media integration capability for our products. These integrations are used by the majority of our 100k+ Customers, and need to be reliable, scalable, and robust.
With this in mind, we're looking for a full-stack Ruby on Rails Engineer to join our growing Melbourne team. You’ll be working in a new team where you’ll be triaging distributed systems, debugging low-level dependencies and solving complex architectural problems. You’ll be working with high velocity, large-scale data sets, that will be coming in from multiple sources (Channels). At times you’ll also have a system maintenance/sustaining focus across the Social Integration elements of the platform.
What you get to do every day:
- Work closely with a small team and eliminate infrastructure pain points.
- Participate in every stage of the development cycle including, design, implementation, testing, and rollout.
- Focus on developing elegant solutions to complex problems with the ability to clearly articulate ideas, expectations and information in a concise, well-organised way to others.
- Use tried and tested practices: test-driven development, peer code review, continuous integration and rapid deployment.
- Feel good and be proud of developing software that is being used to solve customer problems.
What you bring to the role:
- Proven Ruby on Rails experience building SaaS applications.
- A strong desire to write elegant, usable, and testable code.
- Working knowledge of modern web technologies: Rails or Node.js, Redis, Memcached, Git, MySQL, Nginx and AWS platforms
- Experience working with third-party integrations (OAuth, REST, SOAP) or distributed systems.
- Effective communication skills and an ability to work well with others.
- A hunger to learn, adapt, and sharpen your skills.
Perks include a competitive salary package as well as stock, flexible working hours, a fully stocked fridge. We're also big on personal growth, so you'll develop your skills through pair programming, lunch and learns, hackathons, lab days to experiment with new ideas and a yearly training allowance too. In addition, you'll be invited to take part in company-sponsored volunteer initiatives.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.