Job no: 498041
Work type: Full time
Location: VIC - Mount Beauty
Categories: Technical and Operations, VIC - Mount Beauty
Are you an experienced Electrical Tester ready for a new opportunity?
Reporting to the Senior Electrical Engineer, the Electrical Tester will be responsible for electrical (including HV) / instrumentation testing, troubleshooting, providing technical support to maintenance, operations and assist in delivery of electrical projects. This role will see you based at Mount Beauty with the expectation to work at multiple sites across Gas and Renewables assets.
- Testing activities – Perform tests AGL Generator compliance program, condition monitoring, breakdown maintenance, electrical instrumentation testing
- Trouble shooting activities – conduct site troubleshooting and repairs/replacements
- Oversee service providers/contractor and undertake contractor supervision as required
- Assist in maintaining asset centre and document management system
- Support and assist other trades groups as required- Provide technical support to maintenance, operations and assist in delivery of electrical projects
- Having an advanced diploma in electrical engineering is desirable for this role/ A grade electrician
- Previous HV testing experience is essential
- Experience in site trouble shooting.
- Experience using electrical tools/meters/test sets
- Experience in site troubleshooting
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of AS3000 wiring rule and regulations
- Skilled in reading and interpreting electrical schematics and control/protection drawings
- Ability to work effectively under changing priorities and meet deadlines.
*All applicants must have a current driver’s license; this role will require travel to other AGL sites*
What’s in it for you
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe, and supportive work environment, which fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .