Small business makes the world go round – it’s the heart of the global economy. Here at Xero, we are all about people and creating beautiful experiences for our customers. We focus on developing solutions to make it easier for small businesses to become more efficient and profitable. With us, you have a chance to make a huge impact on the lives and businesses of hundreds of thousands of people globally.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity currently exists in our Canberra office for a .Net Developer. The role will help the Payroll API team develop a flexible and highly performant API. This will include building and extending our API platform to new Xero markets.
You will focus on:
- Working within the technical team to design and build reliable and robust endpoints and contracts;
- Ensuring secure communications and transactions to support new and existing services;
- Ensure an extensible underlying API framework (ensuring high levels of performance and scalability) to be capable of supporting new Countries.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of relevant API documentation
Highly regarded skills and experience include:
- Ability to design, build and deliver enterprise C#/.Net applications
- Experience with enterprise ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET WEB API, WCF and IIS
- Ability to design secure RESTful services, endpoints and contracts
- Experience building and supporting enterprise applications using SQL Server
- Good understanding of OAuth and OAuth 2.0
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Xero is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity, foster innovation and reward success. We will offer you flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your life and passions, and will support your desire for continual learning with training and career guidance to help you flourish.
Like more information?
The following describes the existing Australian Payroll API: