We’re looking for product designers with excellent user experience and interface design skills. Right now, we have 3 roles available in Melbourne due to general organic growth of our product team.
You’ll be working on design problems from beginning to end – concepting the next great product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch. You enjoy the challenge of making the complex simple. And you want to get stuck in and do great work.
We’re a diverse group of 40-plus working across Xero’s products in five locations in New Zealand, Australia, and the USA. The design team is a vital part of Xero’s success and our product makes a meaningful difference in the lives and businesses of more than a million people around the world.
You’re ideal for this role if ...
- You have a great portfolio that exhibits a variety of interface design work and a strong visual aesthetic
- You love crafting beautiful interfaces and care about the details at every step of the journey from concept to shipped code
- You are experienced in user-centered design methods and best practices including research and analytics – cultivating a deep understanding of the needs and aspirations of the people our products are designed for
- You’re an excellent communicator, able to clearly present your ideas and rationale in conversations with others, and through prototypes, models and mockups
- You’re a well-organised, passionate, and empathetic colleague, seeking to improve what we build, and how we do it
- You thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-moving environment, and you enjoy working closely with smart and colleagues – including product strategists and managers, technical leads and developers.
- Bonus points if you have planned and conducted user research, you have coding chops, and /or experience in animation or motion design.
Xero is beautiful accounting software that gives small businesses and their advisors real time access to accounting information, anytime, from anywhere. Our universe revolves around our customers and our mission to make their businesses more productive. We’re internationally acclaimed, award winning and have more than one million worldwide.
Xero is committed to having a diverse workforce in all of it's locations around the world. We offer competitive salary, equity in Xero, career progression, and a great environment and culture to make your time here enjoyable and purposeful.
Check out our latest video of what it's like to work here.
Apply now and please include a link to your portfolio.