Diverse, Inclusive, Family, Flexible - that's the Caltex difference.
Data Lake Applications Specialist
- Sydney CBD location
- Permanent full time opportunity
- Join an industry leader
Caltex is Australia's leading transport fuel supplier and convenience retailer and the only integrated oil refining and marketing company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange. Our business value chain incorporates operational excellence throughout supply, refining, logistics and marketing.
A permanent opportunity has arisen within the IT Services department for a Data Lake Applications Specialist to join. The primary purpose of the role being to perform data modelling and data warehouse design, and to act as the pivot or intermediary between end-users and IT to ensure that the business/user requirements are delivered in Enterprise Data Hub solutions.
- Business Analyst / Consultant - meet with business users to gather and analyse business requirements whilst proactively identifying enhancement opportunities both in terms of system functionality and business process design
- Design and maintain conceptual corporate data models, covering database design, data integration, data flow metadata and semantics, required for business intelligence, reporting and analytics.
- Applications Specialist - Act as a subject matter expert for Enterprise Data Hub applications and data models.
- Coordinating User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure the overall efficiency, functionality and user friendliness of system enhancement/development
- Prepare material and providing training and assistance to end-users following implementation.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Be tertiary degree qualified in IT, Business or a related discipline
- Be a proven subject matter expert in BI Application and capabilities, data modelling, visualisation methods and data warehouse design
- Hold experience in management of third party suppliers of application development and maintenance services
- Hold experience with advanced analytic toolset including Open Source tools (R, python, Scala etc) and experience with distributed computing (ie Hadoop Stack) and Cloud Based Infrastructures
- Have working knowledge of ITIL processes and their application
If we've got your interest, we encourage you to submit an application because we would love to tell you more. Click 'Apply Online' below to register your interest. Applications close on Thursday, 28th September 2017.
Put your career in motion… we're with you all the way.
We're Australia's leading transport fuel supplier and convenience retailer, so that means we can offer you exciting, challenging and rewarding roles with genuine opportunities to grow your career as we continue to grow our business. Best of all, we're owned and managed right here in Australia which makes it easier to get things done and make a real difference.
So no matter where your talents lie, you can put your career in motion with Caltex.
Caltex Australia acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the lands on which we work. As part of our efforts to leave a sustained positive footprint in the communities and broader economies in which we operate, we strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply.