Your career in Accenture Operations
Data Center Operations Engineer
Are you a dynamic thinker passionate about improving systems?
Join a team that’s driving change
Do you want to help companies and governments improve their operations each and every day? By working closely with our clients your mission will be to improve effectiveness, efficiency and customer experience by leveraging new innovations, new technology and new operations. If you are an innovator, we can help you exceed your career aspirations by joining a team that truly drives change.
Within Accenture Operations you will make solutions real and deliver business outcomes. We help clients become more successful by helping them improve their systems and effectiveness. We are constantly innovating and generating new ideas with the goal of helping clients identify the technologies and operations they need to differentiate and win in the marketplace.
Ensure availability of critical data center infrastructure through pro-active monitoring and event management.
Take ownership of critical incident resolution, driving incidents to closure.
Rapidly troubleshoot and solve complex technology problems to restore production system availability in a structured, timeous manner.
Manage and execute infrastructure BCP and DR processes when required.
Review root cause of incidents and work with appropriate teams to ensure continuous improvement of the technology environment.
Apply effective risk controls to identify potential threats and minimize or remove a service impacts.
Maintain and analyze metrics to identify trends, capacity forecasting and planning inputs
Manage technical operations with adherence to strict SLAs for Availability, Incident and Problem resolution.
Ensure service management processes are applied properly and consistently.
- The successful candidate will form part of a team of technology experts running an operations center in the Perth CBD.
- The position is staffed on an even-time shift basis. Working 12 hour shifts in a compressed work week, with occasional weekend and night shifts, allows the candidate to frequently enjoy weekdays off.
- 5+ years of experience providing data center operations services and expertise to enterprise clients is required, specifically:
- VMWare operations
- Windows Server operations (preferably Microsoft Windows Server 2012)
- Storage technology operations
- Resolution of major incidents
- Monitoring critical infrastructure
- Working knowledge of the following is required:
- Storage technologies (preferably EMC technologies - Data Domain, VNX, Isilon).
- Compute technologies, including CI and HCI platforms (preferably EMC VxBlock, VxRail, Cisco UCS).
- IT Service Management processes and tools (preferably ServiceNow).
- Knowledge/experience with the following is advantageous:
- Microsoft SCCM, SCOM
- Microsoft HyperV
- IP Networking
- Load balancing
- Storage networking
- Automation technologies
- Ability to excel under pressure and tight deadlines and work effectively in high stress situations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly and succinctly articulate technical concepts and status to management teams.
- Strong relationship skills and ability to build relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Effectively work with global operations teams.
At Accenture, we can help you build the career you dream of. Our success relies on ensuring our people enjoy the inspiring challenges, exceptional experience and flexibility they need to succeed at every stage of their career.
As a leading professional services company with more than 435,000 people working across 120 countries, your career can take many exciting paths spanning digital, strategy, consulting, technology and operations.
As part of a global diverse workforce you will help organisations across every industry imaginable improve the way they work. Join us and let challenging, interesting and enjoyable work become part of daily life.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.