- An initial 12 month fixed-term contract
- Sydney, CBD
- Salary from $45k + superannuation
Working as part of a data management team in the Reserve Bank of Australia’s Economic Group you will prepare graphs and process statistical data for internal use and external publications.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- assist in the preparation of data visualisations, statistical tables and reports for RBA publications;
- assist with the efficient updating of data repositories and spreadsheets
- provide assistance in a timely and accurate manner to support data requirements of senior management;
- working with internal stakeholders to streamline, automate and improve current data management procedures;
- interact professionally within a highly collaborative team environment; and
- undertake general administrative duties as required
High attention to detail, an ability to perform under pressure and effective communication skills are essential. The successful applicant may be working towards or have completed a degree in economics, statistics, computer science or a related field.
The successful applicant will possess strong skills in using Excel and/or statistical programming, along with demonstrated analytical/problem solving skills. Experience in statistical concepts, economic analysis, computer science and/or data management would be highly regarded.
Your application should include a resume detailing your experience and qualifications. A supporting statement addressing the selection criteria would also be welcomed.
Applications close 01 April March 2018.
The Reserve Bank of Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourage applications from experienced candidates seeking workplace flexibility.
The Reserve Bank of Australia pursues national economic policy objectives and undertakes a range of associated activities in financial markets and banking. It also issues Australia's banknotes and operates infrastructure critical to the payments system. Staff at the Bank, have an important role to play in achieving these objectives, whether directly or in a supporting role.
Our core values are promotion of the public interest, integrity, excellence, intelligent inquiry and respect.