About the Role
Reporting directly to the Product Development Manager, this role will assist to identify new opportunities and the development of new initiatives. You will be responsible for the performance enhancements and monitoring of new products, features and value adds from pre-market launch through to retirement.
The role is responsible for providing commercial analysis, scenario modelling and business case building for new market opportunities and market performance review that inform recommendations which are aligned to strategy, that are customer centric, that consider the competitive landscape and regulatory framework and are financially viable to AGL.
The Data Analyst will challenge the status quo and form strategic recommendations that embrace our customer first philosophy and ensure that your recommendations for new products or enhancements are positioned to embrace a digital first customer experience.
- Assist with writing of business case and end to end business plan (including financial projections and on-going operational plans)
- Assist in maintaining existing products to maximise their performance and manage the products evolution as market conditions change, or AGL’s product direction requires
- Assist with evaluating and reporting on product performance
- Ad hoc analysis (i.e. customer/user segmentation, comparative analysis)
- Assist with revenue forecasting and modelling
- Track and report on progress of product roadmap initiatives
- Provide commercial analysis, scenario modelling and business cases for new market development and market performance review
- Assist with establishment of business and marketing objectives for product including revenue, customer numbers and customer satisfaction
- Assessment of competitor to provide recommendations for changes to AGLs retail product pricing levels through analysis and monitoring competitive market assessments
- Maintain schedule of competitor prices and activities
- Experience in a Data Analyst role in a digitally focussed organisation
- Experience with Adobe Analytics software
- Experience with digital analytics preferred
- A passion for solving problems with a customer first mentality
- Experience in the energy industry or service industry highly regarded
- Experience developing commercial business cases to influence change
- Ability to draw upon insights and deliver conclusive and substantiated recommendations
- Ability to articulate strategic intent
- Comfortable with complexity and ambiguity
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities, supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. This is an opportunity to be exposed to more exciting opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours, the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
At AGL we support workplace flexibility. We also understand that flexibility means different things to different people so have a chat to us about how this can work for you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe, and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call Esther Baek on 03 9206 8952.