A Past Winner of best performing branch in Australia, BOQ Morley are looking to win the National competition again and are seeking to add a Customer Service Officer - Transaction and Deposit Specialist to their team.
This role undertakes cashiering/teller functions in line with BOQ audit and compliance requirements and OMB routines, methods and procedures. A main aspect of this position includes non face to face conversations via the telephone or internet, especially increasing Transaction Accounts opened and Deposit Growth Business Development Activities including making prospecting phone calls and attending networking events.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Attract, retain and grow the value of the Bank's customer base through in-branch sales and referral targets as set by Owner Manager. Products include deposit accounts, general insurance (home, contents, motor and travel), Consumer Credit Insurance (CCI), credit cards, merchants and general consumer lending, and any product or service as directed from time to time by the Bank.
- Actively offer and sell customers appropriate products and packages, transaction options and specialist advice to meet their total financial needs.
- Meet or exceed individual sales and cross sales targets.
- Be a product champion in the areas of Transaction Accounts and Deposit Growth to develop, educate and train staff on strategies you create to hit these targets.
- Evidence of critical thinking
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to cross sell on a needs basis by holding fluent conversations
- Cash handling
- Ability to multi-task
- Self-motivation and focus
- Previous banking experience within a retail environment (preferred)
- Knowledge of Transaction and Saving accounts, Insurances and Credit Cards
- Experience in growing a customer base
- Business Development experience
- Ability to understand, develop and execute effective sales plans
- Experience in consumer lending is advantageous but not required
- Working knowledge of Windows programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Morley, Western Australia, Australia