About the Role
The Consumer Credit team manages all processes relating to credit and is the functional owner for AGL, covering operations, improvements, strategy and resolution of issues related to credit.
An integral part of the Customer Operations leadership team, this role is responsible for the functional ownership, management, risk mitigation and continuous improvement of the consumer debt portfolio of AGL. A Key focus is ensuring efficient management of overdue debt focusing on Consumer Market, Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) and Net Bad Debt Expense (NBDE) outcomes in the profit and loss.
The role requires engaging with key stakeholders, senior management and the broader business to enable delivery; and ensuring a high performing and engaged workforce is focused on the above in a safe working environment.
The position manages one of the largest budgets across Customer Markets. A high level of financial accountability is required in this role where there is a need to set and gain agreement for annual budgets and quarterly forecasts across all elements of net bad debt expense and the collections cost centre.
- Functional Ownership of Credit and Payments teams
- Strategy - Credit and payments
- Continuous improvement – Credit & payments
- Financial and budget accountability for total consumer customer debt
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Reporting & Analysis
- Affordability & Financial Hardship
Maximising cashflow contribution to AGL
- Tertiary qualification in Finance or related business discipline
- Minimum of 10 years management level in similar or large corporate businesses
- Experience with credit functions, finance and accounting, and understanding of business drivers
- Experience in leading teams and inspiring high levels of employee performance and engagement
- Proven strategic thinking
- Leadership and Stakeholder management
- Analytical, conceptual and design
- Risk management
- Commercial acumen
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. Today, with an eye on the future, we’re focused on embracing innovation and technology to foster new and sustainable energy solutions for our customers.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For further details, please contact Bridie Butcher on firstname.lastname@example.org