We are seeking an inquisitive and team-spirited individual, with proven analytical skills, to take on this key role in our business ensuring we have safe and effective maintenance contributing to high plant equipment availability.
Reporting to the Condition Monitoring Supervisor within the Fixed Plant Maintenance team, your duties will include:
- Using various equipment to record and analyse data around the fixed plant operations
- Working as part of a team to safely and consistently achieve maintenance targets
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Relevant Trade Qualification (mechanical or electrical)
- Familiarity with thermographic cameras, route scheduling, vibration and oil analysis, executing and reporting, NDT
- Previous experience in a similar role with various fixed plant equipment - switchboards, motors, conveyors, screens, crushers, gear boxes and pumps
- A high regard for, and practice of, safety and health at all times
- Qualifications within Welding Inspection, Condition Monitoring and Non Destructive Testing will be highly regarded
- Current full West Australian “C” class driver’s licence or current equivalent is essential
Location You will be based at our 'Yandi' mine on a fly-in fly-out 14 days on 7 days off roster. Yandi is located approximately 170kms North of Newman West Australia. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO village include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, squash, tennis and basketball courts, golf driving range, mini golf, netted cricket pitch, beach volleyball court and recreation room. All rooms at the village have their own ensuite bathroom, television, internet, refrigerator and air-conditioning. At BHP Billiton, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. As part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity, we offer a range of family friendly work practices, including flexible work arrangements and a substantial parental leave policy, which now includes retirement savings / superannuation contributions during parental leave.
Reference Number – 55307
We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.This opportunity is currently only open to employees working within Australia.