Icon Water is seeking an enthusiastic and qualified educator to join the Customer and Community Affairs branch. The Community Engagement Officer is responsible for engaging with our community, school groups, industry and customers to educate and share information about Icon Water.
Who are Icon Water?
Icon Water is responsible for owning and operating Canberra’s network of water and wastewater infrastructure and assets including dams, reservoirs, water and sewerage treatment plants, water and sewerage pumping stations to ensure the delivery of safe drinking water and reliable sewerage services. Icon Water has been part of the Canberra community for 100 years.
Why work for Icon Water?
Icon Water offers generous salary and benefits including competitive pay, flexible working arrangements, fully subsidised gym memberships, a staff rewards program and much more...
About the role
We are seeking a passionate, capable and engaging educator who is able to:
- Develop and implement customer and community education programs, which includes conducting tours and presentations to schools, industry and customer groups
- Develop and build relationships with Icon Water’s community, school and industry groups
- Organise and faciliate on-site tours of the Cotter Dam and other Icon Water assets for the purpose of education on corporate social responsibility and Icon Water’s infrastructure
- Develop all collateral, resources and materials for programs
- Prepare and present ideas, education and awareness programs for customers, community groups and schools
- Design and publish education and community engagement content on a range of online platforms
- Liaise with internal business units to develop education programs for organisational initiatives
- Conduct engaging presentations to a range of audiences
- Collate information and prepare reports on programs
What are we looking for?
- Tertiary qualification in education, marketing, public relations or a related discipline
- Experience in developing and facilitating programs and delivering presentations to a wide range of audiences.
- Experience in developing and designing content for publishing.
- High level interpersonal skills to engage with a range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to collate information and provide well written reports
- Current ACT Class C or equivalent driver’s licence.
To apply for this role please submit a cover letter, resume and provide responses to the selection criteria outlining what experience and attributes you can bring to the role via our recruitment portal by 11pm on Monday 17th September 2017. To learn more about this great opportunity you can contact Lisa Quinn, Manager Customer and Community Affairs on (02) 6280 6136.
Icon Water is an Equal Opportunity Employer which values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.