MinterEllison is one of the Asia Pacific's leading law firms. Established in Sydney in 1827, our firm today operates in Australia, Hong Kong, mainland China, Mongolia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom through a network of integrated offices and associated offices.
We are focussed on collaborating, innovating and inspiring each other and our clients. We understand that the high standards we set ourselves in a top tier law firm means that we are constantly challenged to deliver our best and excel. It involves managing multiple stakeholders and working collaboratively across offices, countries and time zones.
We take pride in being our clients' best partner, and enjoy working within teams of professionals who share their knowledge, respect our values and support each other to achieve our collective goals.
The purpose of this role is to support our Business Leaders to maximise the performance of their business through strategy development and implementation, and timely and relevant business monitoring, analysis and action planning.
Your responsibilities include:
- Review Business Unit performance against the strategic plan, analyse and prepare reports /dashboards and suggest/implement actions to address issues
- Manage profit drivers and provide analysis of issues affecting the profitable management of the Business Unit
- Oversee the short and long term financial performance of the Business Unit, oversee resourcing, utilisation, and leverage levels
- Provide advice, identify strategies and implement plans for improving operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Support the drafting and delivery of communication into the Business Unit
- Build agendas and drive actions that arise from Leadership/Partner meetings
- Work collaboratively with all areas of Business Operations to ensure the successful implementation of strategies and activities into the Business Unit
What you need
We welcome applications from people with:
- Minimum 8 years' business management experience with responsibility of all aspects of managing the profit and loss
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, preferably at a post-graduate level
- Experience in dealing with multiple and senior stakeholders in a professional services environment
- Strong financial acumen
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- A proven ability to use influence and persuasion to achieve desired outcomes
- Demonstrated experience:
- Identifying improvement opportunities
- Ensuring operational quality and consistency and improvement
- Managing large scale projects and significant change programs
- Ability to anticipate and adapt to changing priorities, realigning efforts for themselves and others to achieve desired outcomes
- Create an immediate, positive and credible impression on others
- Resilient and persistent in pursuing business goals
What we offer
MinterEllison will support your continued development through a wide range of accessible and structured learning and development programs, mentoring from skilled and intelligent leaders, and by surrounding you with teams of great people who are happy to share their knowledge and learn from you as well.
You will also have access to a wide range of top tier employment benefits, which are designed to help you complement your lifestyle outside of work and support your professional needs. These include first class premises, facilities and support, state of the art technology, competitive salary packages, gym membership, corporate discounts, an extensive health and wellbeing program and much more!
How to apply
We prefer to deal with you directly, so please submit your CV and cover letter for consideration by clicking on the 'Apply' button below. If you would like further information, please contact Lee Robinson, Resourcing Manager, on +61 2 9921 4794 for a highly confidential discussion.
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.
Advertised: 10 Sep 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 09 Oct 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time