Job no: 497914
Work type: Full time, Full Time - Flexible
Location: VIC - Melbourne CBD
Categories: Finance and Risk, Strategy, NSW - George Street, VIC - Melbourne CBD
About the Role
The Commercial Analyst has the unique opportunity to be a contributor in the New Energy Analytics and Planning Team, supporting the New Energy Leadership Team in developing and implementing strategic priorities that deliver meaningful financial contribution, while driving AGL New Energy’s strategic growth objectives.
This position plays a vital role in providing commercial analysis support throughout the decision making process with financial modelling and business case development for new innovative products and solutions, new business models and investment opportunities. The Commercial Analyst will also be involved in a variety of ad hoc strategic projects and to support the ongoing market competitor analysis and research process. This position is also expected to build robust relationships and work in collaboration with peers and stakeholder groups within New Energy and across AGL.
- Support the evaluation and delivery of New Energy strategic priorities through fact-based, well-structured financial modelling, business case analysis and any other commercial analysis as required
- Develop business case and commercial models that are simple, reuseable, viable and ensure key assumptions are robust
- Contribute towards strategic planning via market competitor analysis, benchmarking and research that identify industry trends and key opportunities to maximise value
- Support the implementation of New Energy Governance and Review Process, including the preparation of periodic New Energy Priorities Updates/Dashboard and assist in the regular priorities reviews for the New Energy Leadership Team
- Support the development and ongoing preparation of communication materials for internal key stakeholders and senior management, as well as external investor group, as require.
- Has a good understanding of the Australian energy markets
- Ability to define problems and scope modelling requirements
- Able to design, build, review, and navigate through complete financial models
- Extensive experience with best practice business modelling principles on transactions, project finance or investment appraisal projects
- Experience in modelling fully integrated financial statements (profit & loss, balance sheet and cash flow)
- Business partnering experience (providing commercial insights) with the ability to influence and build relationships with senior management
- Strong understanding of valuation methodologies and discount rates
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities, supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. This is an opportunity to be exposed to more exciting opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours, the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe, and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call Esther Baek on 03 9206 8952.
Advertised: 05 Sep 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 15 Sep 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time