- Challenge and Opportunity
- Integral role to the Convenience Retail Finance team
- Sydney CBD
At Caltex, we make life easier. We keep millions of people moving every day, and continue to be Australia's leading transport fuel supplier and convenience retailer. Our business is dynamic and often technical, and we rely on talented people who seek to find solutions in complex, often diverse operating environments. Where do you come in?
As we continue our journey to transform convenience in the Australian market, we are looking for energetic people who want to join our growing team. We currently have an opportunity for a commercial finance professional to deliver financial knowledge and guidance that drives optimal outcomes across our Convenience Retail Business.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager for Fuels, Property and Capital, you will:
- Perform financial, economic and business analysis on key Convenience Retail drivers and partner with the business to educate project groups and broader forums of your insights.
- Provide financial support to Retail projects through financial modelling and commercial guidance.
- Advocate the disciplines of Caltex Stewardship in their application to robust business case development. From project pipeline planning, to improvements in reporting and visibility that ensures maximum return on investment.
- Ensure capital investment decisions are rigorous, including the effective modelling of capital investment decisions, assessing and reviewing a range of proposals across the Division and Group's capital portfolio as required.
- Complete capital Post Implementation Reviews to provide timely and commercial insight into the financial and operational effectiveness of capital investment strategies and their rollout.
- Take the lead on Finance led projects within Retail Convenience
You are an experienced finance professional with a demonstrated capacity to translate strategy into action, with well-developed commercial analytical and problem solving capabilities. As an analyst you are able to multi-task, successfully engage a diverse group of stakeholders and communicate key information effectively. Importantly, you are willing to take responsibility for getting things done and own outcomes alongside the business. You are CA or CPA certified. Your ability to make quality commercial decisions informed by financial analysis is paramount.
If we've got your interest, we encourage you to submit an application because we would love to tell you more. Click 'Apply Online' below to register your interest.
Our culture is open and team-orientated and lets our employees be themselves while achieving great results. Our core company values - Care, Own, Move, Serve, Win and Trailblaze - act as a roadmap to ensure we continue to grow and enable millions to keep moving.
Working at Caltex has many benefits, including:
- Flexible work options (enabled through technology)
- Career development opportunities
- BabyCare Package (including a BabyCare bonus).
- Paid Parental Leave
- Corporate health plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Study reimbursement
- Opportunities to relocate intra and interstate
- Employee Share Scheme
- Personal Performance Bonus and Company Incentive Scheme
- Two x Star Card with a 25% fuel discount, for a privately-owned private-use vehicle
We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates to apply.