About the Role
To assist with the development of high-quality commercial and financial outcomes and project development strategies which have a positive impact to the progression of AGL’s LNG Import Project, that sits within AGL’s Wholesale Gas Business.
The role will provide support to the commercial asset development function of the LNG Import Project, including preparation of the project development and regulatory approvals processes, both internal and external.
- Working with the Lead Commercial Manager, LNG Import Project to manage development of the Project business case within AGL’s investment portfolio with the dual objectives of facilitating achievement of the investment decision milestone and then delivery of the project.
- Working closely with members of the AGL’s Wholesale Gas team, Stakeholder Engagement and Media teams to assist in coordinating work flows, and ensure coordinated messaging.
- Contributing to the contract administration capability by working closely with Lead Commercial Manager, LNG Import Project and Project Document Controller.
- Contributing to the collation and presentation of portfolio information to key stakeholders both internal and external.
- Assisting in the preparation of Board, Working Group and Steering Committee papers.
- Managing internal approvals processes for contracting and financial management of work orders and purchase orders.
- This is a 12 months fixed term opportunity
- Negotiation, contract development and contract management experience
- Ability to build and manage relationships (internal/external) at all levels
- Ability to develop strategies to balance risk/return and lower procurement costs
- Ability to understand complex analytical concepts
- Ability to work with a diverse team of professionals
- Excellent presentation, communication and negotiations skills
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call (Edith Chan and 03 8633 6575).