nbn seeks to create an inclusive and diverse workplace that is reflective of the wider communities in which it operates and balancing opportunity for all. We are building a culture where different perspectives, thinking and skills are valued, and people are supported to achieve their potential. In particular, nbn is committed to increasing participation and leadership positions held by women and Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples in our organisation.
- Responsible for end to end investigation and management of recoverable damage costs
- Large scope for creating and implementing best practice processes
- Huge potential for career growth and advancement
Your role in the future:
This role is a 24-Month Max Term Contract
This position within the Network Integrity space will be responsible for end to end investigation and management of damages caused to the nbn network through engagement with various stakeholders and systems to recover associated restoration costs from third parties found responsible for causing damage to the nbn network.
The Recoverable Damage Coordinator will play a key role in the damages claims management process. You will engage with both internal and external stakeholders to manage claims in line with business and legal requirements.
This is a brand new team being formed in order to maximise the recoverability of costs, and assist with analysis to drive damage minimisation. As you specialise in the area, there will be a lot of scope to create and streamline processes to achieve best practise first time, every time.
This role is internally known as a Recoverable Damage Coordinator
You can contribute to:
- Manage the end to end lifecycle of a Recoverable Damage Claim from assessment through to closure
- Investigate and collate information to confirm if damages are recoverable and a claim can be lodged against the third party
- Engage with relevant stakeholders, both internal and external, where further technical information is required to support a claim against a third party
- Manage all communication related to the claim, including Damage notices, Letters of Demand and responses to third parties
- Effectively manage disputes and negotiations from third party damagers and/or their representatives (insurers / legal) in order to lead to a resolution
- Manage the data integrity in the nbn Recoverable Damage Claims systems (Salesforce), as a claim goes through the lifecycle in keeping with good record keeping practises
- Support auditing of the Recoverable Damage framework, including processes, policy, systems, tools to ensure best practice and deliver outcomes
- Be a part of creating and streamlining new processes to ensure best practice
- Drive cost recovery in both a positive and constructive manner
A bit about us:
nbn is the team behind the design, build and operation of the nbn network. Working for nbn, you'll be part of one of the largest technology infrastructure projects Australia has seen, providing you with loads of opportunities, great flexibility, and a collaborative culture. You'll work with inspirational leaders and innovators in their field, help take on engaging and exciting work, and seek imaginative solutions to new questions every day.
We are dedicated to providing all Australians with access to the benefits of fast broadband. But the nbn network is so much more than access to fast internet. A state of the art communications network helps ensure our digital future, and gives Australians the opportunity to be more productive, more creative, more efficient, and more connected - benefits we can all enjoy for decades to come, no matter where we live.
A bit about you:
As someone with a strong personality and resilient nature, you will have no trouble dealing with the difficult conversations that need to be had in this role. Your expertise in negotiation, complaints or dispute management, along with a strong investigative spirit, you will have no trouble in piecing together a timeline of events to support nbn's damage claim and will also mean that you can hit the ground running.
Ideally, you will have an understanding of telecommunication networks, though this is not essential for someone with the right attitude and willingness to learn. What is essential is initiative and drive, as there are lots of opportunities to grow in this role and to have a direct hand in creating and streamlining new processes.
You should also be comfortable with change - nbn is a fast moving organization with a lot of change and new challenges every day. We think it's great, but understand it's not for everyone
How to apply:
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending in your resume only. We do not require a cover letter or any selection criteria to be addressed.
nbn is a fast-moving organisation with lots to deliver - so we may not always wait until the job ad expires before reviewing applications. As a result, you should submit your application as soon as possible!
At nbn our people and our planet matter. We have an unwavering commitment to the wellbeing and safety of our employees so that everyone goes home safely each day and can perform at their peak to deliver the nbn network.