- Spearhead the procurement portfolio in Origin's Energy Markets team
- Location: Melbourne, VIC or Adelaide, SA
- Application close date: 29th September 2017
ORIGIN - AUSTRALIA'S LEADING INTEGRATED ENERGY COMPANY
An integral part of Australia's energy future, we explore, produce, generate and sell energy to power millions of Australian homes and businesses every day, keeping them going and growing.
Origin is the largest energy retailer in Australia, and with 4.3 million customers we're constantly evolving and changing to better suit their needs. Our activities include power generation, energy trading, the sale of LPG, electricity, natural gas and solar as well as the development of new and emerging technologies. Consider your possibilities with Australia's leading integrated energy company.
We are currently seeking an experienced Category Specialist to join our Energy Markets team. This position will be, a maternity leave, limited term contract for 12 months. Reporting to the Manager, Fleet Logistics and Installations Categories, the successful candidate will manage the procurement portfolio for the Energy Markets division and will manage the market interactions, and vendor relationships to deliver great outcomes for the Origin business. Energy Markets Procurement works in partnership with the business to provide leadership and deliver services across these critical areas, ensuring consistency in standards and improved performance.
The key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Development of category strategies and input into the program of work
- Sourcing and providing key insights as to strategy execution & contracts establishment
- Development of strategic suppliers & relationships
- Development of stakeholder relationships and establishment of work plans to meet business requirements
- Ensuring category and supplier risk is understood by the business and that risk mitigation strategies are agreed by cross-functional team members and implemented
- Enhancing procurement capability through the coaching of the business
- Reporting on category spend risks/exposures and identification of opportunities
- Liaison with Buyers to enable efficient and effective purchasing of contracts/supply relationships established
We are looking for an experienced procurement professional with an Undergraduate degree in commerce, economics, accounting, law, business or a similar analytical discipline. You will be a clear communicator with the ability to form strong internal and external relationships. You will be analytically savvy, extraordinary with time management and confident in negotiations and relationship building. You'll be able to thrive in Origin's challenging environment and be capable of taking a leading role in our journey. Please note that we are open to considering candidates based in Melbourne or Adelaide.
We embrace the diversity of our people and flexible working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we serve.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
MAKE AN IMPACT ON AUSTRALIA'S ENERGY FUTURE
If dynamic and challenging career opportunities and workplace flexibility are important to you, go with the employer that thinks differently.
For more information, please contact Sophie Wittke on 03 9652 5219.
Job Requisition: 55262