About the Role
The Category Manager, IST (Information Systems and Technology) has primary functional responsibility for Software category management. A member of the IST Procurement team, this role includes establishing the strategy, sourcing and development of commercial agreements, tendering, negotiation and ongoing category management. The Software category includes multiple complex agreements ranging in value up to tens of millions of dollars. This role will also support AGL’s inflight transformation programs.
- Development of Category plans and sourcing strategy within Software category across multiple industry leading vendors
- Drive the Strategic Sourcing activities (including negotiation and contracting) within the Software category
- Contract governance and management including development and achievement of commercial outcomes with our IST and Transformation colleagues
- Providing Procurement and Category Management leadership to IST Stakeholders and Projects including the development of key relationships
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including highly developed written and presentation skills and a demonstrated capacity to develop viable business cases
- Must be able to demonstrate superior outcome delivery in management with large external technology suppliers and vendors
- Must have significant Technology experience – needs to be a trusted procurement and commercial advisor, but also understand our stakeholder’s business and drivers, and their technology requirements.
- Experience with Microsoft or SAP highly desirable
- Must have developed and communicated complex Sourcing and Negotiation Strategies to stakeholders
- Tertiary qualifications associated with Procurement; Business, Commerce or Law is preferred, and/or extensive experience in developing and managing medium to large scale sourcing functions and contract negotiations
MCIPS Procurement qualification, or Postgraduate qualifications an advantage
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
- You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
- Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on developing you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link.
For a confidential discussion, please call Esther Baek on 03 9206 8952.