Join ASX 100 Finance Leader – Australia's Most Loved Bank!
- Suit experienced Senior Business Development Manager from Corporate Banking background
- BOQ is a flexible employer. Speak with us about what would make work 'work' for you.
- Awarded Best Relationship Business Bank 2017 at the industry’s premier Business Banking Awards hosted by RFi Group
Join one of Australia's top 100 listed companies where our vision is to create Australia's Most Loved Bank!
We support a flexible workplace and have a collaborative team environment. You will be part of a professional team in Melbourne and gain exposure to a diverse portfolio of clients and products.
BOQ Business looks after the Banks Commercial Lending, Equipment Finance, Specialist Lending, Trade and Financial Markets. The client relationships are held across many segments which include Branches, Brokers, Business Banking, Corporate, Property and Agribusiness and are serviced by teams throughout Australia. BOQ Business is recognised for our excellence in Relationship Banking and have recently received awards from the AB&F as well as East & Partners.
Your new role:
The purpose of this position is to develop Bank of Queensland's (BOQ) broader Business Banking customer portfolio with a strong focus on attracting and retaining profitable customer relationships in mid markets through the delivery of outstanding customer service. The business is to be sourced via own referral networks or internally via our Owner Managed branch network.
In this role you will be required to introduce your own QLD based portfolio of customers and manage and grow these targeted customers. You will have support from a corporate business analyst and corporate service officers who will provide lending support and assist with the management of customers.
This is a new position for BOQ in the Brisbane area. It provides an exciting opportunity to work closely with Head of Corporate Banking and the broader Business Banking leadership team in developing and acting on strategies to attract 'high end' business bank type customers to BOQ.
Your new role:
- Increase Business Banking's asset base through promotion of BOQ's suite of products to the target market- specifically businesses with lending requirements greater than $5M or with an annual turnover greater than $10m (Corporate Clients)
- Achieve the targeted level of new business
- Achieve the targeted level of profitability of new lending business
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers through the delivery of excellent service
- Ability to understand a diverse range of industries
- Introduce new relationships to BOQ through a dedicated and active calling program to target markets
- Manage a strong network of productive referral partners
- Provide direction, support, coaching and ongoing training to Corporate Business Analyst and Corporate Service Officer in order to develop business finance and credit analysis skills
You are distinguished from your peers due to your well-developed commercial acumen, commercial banking exposure and leadership capabilities. You have solid relationship management experience and expertise in business development and networking due to your well-honed negotiation & influencing skills. Your sound knowledge of the commercial market and competitors' products, combined with your ability to analyse complex financial statements and assist with the preparation of detailed credit submissions, and management of portfolio margin performance are highly regarded.
Be part of the journey for BOQ and enjoy;
- Discounted financial products
- Salary packaging options
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Gym discounts and much more!
How to apply:
To apply for this role please follow the links,
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce.
Newstead, Queensland, Australia