Microsoft is the destination for experienced, collaborative, and passionate digital advertising professionals seeking a rewarding career and lifestyle. We offer a compelling portfolio of advertising products, innovative solutions and the opportunity to engage with some of the brightest minds in the digital industry.
Microsoft Advertising is a worldwide Sales, Marketing and Services organization on the cutting edge of the digital advertising industry. We are the engine that powers the buying and selling of digital advertising across all aspects of our digital portfolio including our search engine, Bing.
The Bing Advertising Partner Sales group empowers Bing’s Channel Sales Partners around the world to reach their maximum potential through paid search engine marketing (SEM) on the Microsoft Bing platform.   We are seeking top performing Partner Sales Executives with search advertising experience who can drive revenue and increase customer satisfaction by developing and cultivating strategic client relationships and delivering customized search solutions aligning to the partner’s advertising needs in Australia and New Zealand.
• Reach and exceed personal sales quota.   Formulate a sales strategy and vision for each customer, engaging with the insights and account management teams for account history, trend data, seasonality and competitive analysis in support of customer planning process.
• Build intentional partner relationships that drive revenue.   Develop and nurture relationships with your partners to increase partner satisfaction year over year.
• Plan and pitch proactive solutions that grow revenue and meet partner needs, this will include, but is not limited to 1) developing co-marketing programs, 2) facilitating and leading training initiatives for partners’ sales & service teams in coordination with our own training support team, 3) supporting partners’ customer acquisition events in coordination with our marketing teams and 4) identifying opportunities to expedite the partners’ ability to code to new features in our API.
• Partner with account team to identify opportunities and create compelling proposals that meet customer goals. Educate partner on how the Bing Ads platform and features help them to reach their business goals and new markets/targets.
• Build and maintain a network of key internal contacts and utilize internal partner relationships to present a united front to customers and secure strong cross-group collaboration that enables quick responses to customers.
• Lead account team to prepare content for partner engagements, balance work load, evaluate account performance, identify opportunities and follow up/through on requests. Ensure the account team is continually putting the partner first and providing world class service.
• Continually develop industry knowledge, strengthen business acumen and grow professionally. Develop and maintain an expert level understanding of the search industry and trends affecting or influencing the marketplace and provide insights to the partner.   Be present at industry events and engage in partner activities/events to increase industry and product knowledge.
Minimum 10 years overall business experience, online media or Search Engine Marketing required (12+ years preferred)
Experience in direct sales and/or business development experience including working with digital media (selling-in six and seven figure media deals)
Experience in the reseller, partner, or tool provider space is preferable.
Aptitude for understanding technical API implementations and issues a plus.
Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree (MA, MBA, PhD) preferred
Ability to travel up to 30%
Effectively navigate through ambiguity and complexities related to client management
Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills across all levels of the organization
Proven ability to understand customer needs, create and build ongoing relationships and deliver customized, customer-focused pitches and solutions
Experience establishing and nurturing mid to senior-level, long term relationships with digital marketing executives and advertising community thought leaders
Proven track record of exceptional performance, high productivity and meeting deadlines
This job description details the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job
Microsoft Equal Employment Opportunities Policy