MinterEllison is one of the Asia Pacific's leading law firms. Established in Sydney in 1827, our firm today operates in Australia, Hong Kong, mainland China, Mongolia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom through a network of integrated offices and associated offices.
At MinterEllison, our people are our brand. Every day, every person in our firm plays a vital role in helping clients to close deals, find solutions, resolve disputes, grasp opportunities and create value. We are a friendly and supportive firm that takes pride in our work, our individual and collective achievements, our clients' success, and our strong reputation in the marketplace.
At MinterEllison, we are continuously looking at ways that we can improve our efficiencies and work flow practices. As such, we currently have a position for a Best Practice Consultant to work in our Streamline team, who are focussed on developing and implementing best practice stream work systems. The role can be performed on either a full-time or part-time basis (minimum 3 days per week), depending on the successful candidate's preference. While Brisbane is our preferred location for this role, we are open to other locations including Melbourne and Sydney for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will work with both the Streamline team and broader legal teams to deliver technology and precedent solutions tailored to specific client needs. It is anticipated that some degree of interaction with clients will be required. However, this is not a fee earning position and it is not anticipated that the role would involve performing any client related legal work, outside the scope of the delivery of the project.
This role will involve:
- the continued "roll out" of the Streamline system for additional clients/offices
- maintenance of the Streamline systems already rolled out, including document and workflow content management
- document analysis for document automation, liaising with technology staff to facilitate document automation and document testing
- pre-implementation training for legal teams as well as post-implementation support.
What you need
We welcome applications from people with:
- experience in a property law or similar high volume stream practice or experience as a know-how or precedents consultant/lawyer
- sound understanding of legal or commercial transaction processes
- a passion for continuous improvement and commitment to delivering outcomes
- a high degree of IT literacy and an interest in developing IT systems for stream work
- ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- resilience and a commitment to excellence that matches our own.
This role would suit a senior Property Lawyer but a law degree is not essential.
In addition to the technical capabilities, we are also looking for someone who is an innovative thinker, has strong people skills, is self-motivated and results driven.
What we offer
At MinterEllison we have a working culture that is second to none, our employees work in a collegiate environment that is team orientated and focussed on producing outstanding results and solutions for our clients.
We offer competitive top tier employment packages. We also offer a wide range of employment benefits including:
- free gym membership
- salary continuance insurance
- extensive health and wellbeing programs.
MinterEllison is proud of its investment in the community and all employees are welcome to become involved with our pro bono schemes.
How to apply
We prefer to deal with you directly, so please submit your CV and cover letter for consideration by clicking on the 'Apply' button below. If you would like further information, please contact Lisa Fleming on +61 7 3119 6460 for a highly confidential discussion.
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.
Advertised: 30 Aug 2017 E. Australia Standard Time