Ready for an exciting new opportunity?
Want to join a global team re-defining how organisations deliver digital platforms within customers such as Nike, Pepsi, Macquarie Bank, AMP, Virgin Australia, Heineken, Estee Lauder, and 21st Century Fox?
Currently living somewhere battling traffic and the high cost of living and thinking Hobart might be a nice spot to check out?
Who are we?
LiveTiles is an enterprise software start-up, born in Australia with offices in New York, Sydney, London, Washington State, and Hobart. We build the world’s only drag & drop Digital Experience Platform (DXP), enabling anyone in a company to be a creator. We provide our core product to the K-12 education sector free of charge.
We empower teams with the tools they need to make digital workplace visions into a reality.
We publicly listed on the Australian Stock Exchange in 2015.
Meet some of our team:
As a Developer focused on our back-end platforms, you will join the LiveTiles Hobart team as they create, maintain and continue to expand our product ecosystem, working with other global offices across other time zones and disciplines.
You will be part of an exciting new chapter in our product ecosystem building on top of Microsoft’s AI platforms including the Azure Bot Framework and Cognitive Services.
You are someone with hands-on professional development experience under your belt, but looking for a big growth opportunity within a software product company.
What are we looking for in a LiveTiles employee?
A good employee focuses on the people using the tools we make: the quality of their experience, and the impact of what they build.
They give direct feedback to their colleagues, and communicates consistency and deliberately with respect.
They look for the simplest solution possible to problems.
What are we looking for in a Developer?
A good developer thinks about the complete software lifecycle, long-term technical debt, and shares their work with the next wave of developers, not just checking items off their backlog.
She makes reversible, “bit-sized” decisions when working in code, using design patterns to make extensible choices in her coding, and thoughtfully uses source control to maximize parallel efforts.
She takes maximum responsibility for her time and amplifies the productivity of those around them.
She values “working” and “maintainable” over “perfect” and never lets broken stay broken - in code or in process.
She is flexible in her decision making and cautious in her time commitments.
She is part of a team and recognises the importance of working with all disciplines and roles.
- Building the back-end platforms to support our products
- Applying Object Orientated Programming best practices to create scalable platform solutions with an API first approach
- Integration of back-end product with REST-based Web APIs
- Collaboration with fellow team members, including Product Management, Product Design, and Quality Assurance
- Work within a small team and across time zones
- Provide iterative feedback on new features and product improvements as they’re being developed, giving designers and product management clear and actionable guidance on implementation details.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of development and release processes.
What can you expect from us?
- Pay equity.
- Flexible working conditions (got to make the most of the amazing Hobart lifestyle!).
- Working day to day on software that our users love and makes a difference to their organisations.
- The opportunity to be involved in many aspects of the LiveTiles business not just your day job.
- The freedom to suggest/recommend new ways of doing things and have them seriously considered.
- Opportunities for travel (interstate and overseas)
- The opportunity to be involved in our voluntary activities in schools where we train/mentor students in creative problem solving and design thinking. This includes the opportunity to help teach new Certificate 3 and 4 courses in creative design next year.
- Flexibility in a transition period if relocation to Hobart is required.
- Back-end platforms development knowledge required
- Expertise in Object Orientated programming techniques and languages required
- Experience integrating with JSON-based REST APIs required
- 2+ Years Development Experience
- Experience with Microsoft Azure platform preferred.
- Experience with .Net preferred
(Java will be considered to be suitable experience)
- Experience in building APIs to streamline future development
- Good communication skills, and the ability to work well in a team
- Ability to find simple solutions to real problems in a creative way