Job no: 497947
Work type: Full time
Location: VIC - Traralgon - AGL Loy Yang
Categories: Engineering, VIC - Traralgon - AGL Loy Yang
- Full responsibility of a variety of heavy assets in Loy Yang’s brown coal mine
- Great work life balance – 9-day fortnight
- Rural location only 2 hours from Melbourne
Are you an experienced, heavy industrial asset / reliability engineer looking to further your experience? Put your asset strategy, RCA, RCM, performance delivery experience to work for you managing a range of mining assets at our Loy Yang mine.
About the role
Reporting to the Asset Performance Superintendent, this role is responsible for managing the reliability and availability (performance) of allocated production-related assets at Loy Yang Mine to ensure that the allocated assets can deliver the mine strategic plan. Working in a team of 4 asset engineers, you will manage your own portfolio of mining assets in addition to assisting and collaborating with your team members, the wider maintenance team, and the projects group to ensure the overall efficiencies and availability of plant across the mine.
- Develop unit specific Asset Management Plans for each major production-related asset allocated
- Ensure maintenance strategies have been developed/optimised for all allocated production-related assets.
- Maintain (and update as required) all maintenance strategies (primary and secondary) for all allocated production-related assets
- Ensure E&M’s Work Management System is used effectively to process maintenance work for execution
- Ensure the ‘performance’ of allocated production-related assets by managing their ‘reliability’ to ensure delivery of the Mine strategic plan
- Ensure the resolution of engineering issues by conducting engineering investigations and devising engineering solutions for all allocated production-related assets.
- Assist with the successful execution of minor and major outages by providing technical assistance during the planning and execution phases.
- Manage the maintenance operating (OPEX) budget for allocated production-related assets to ensure the monies allocated are used effectively and efficiently to deliver the required maintenance work and thus asset reliability and availability
- Be involved in the processing of Capital application requests (for allocated assets) for future budget periods. This
Key to your success in this role will be your strong knowledge of reliability and root cause analysis principals backed by your experience managing the maintenance lifecycle of heavy industrial assets. You will bring to the role:
- Tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering and/or Maintenance Management
- Solid knowledge in RCM and RCA principles and reliability principles and techniques
- Demonstrable significant experience in heavy industry maintenance in asset and reliability management
- Use of RCM principles to develop/optimise maintenance strategies;
- Use of reliability management principles and techniques to manage and eliminate defects (e.g. pareto analysis, root cause analysis, etc.).
- Strong PC skills in MS Office and strong working knowledge of a CMMS (e.g. SAP, Ellipse, Maximo, etc.) and experience in the use of AM software (e.g. R8, PMO 2000, etc.)
- Solid project management skills
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
What’s in it for you
You’ll be working onsite at one of Australia largest open cut brown coal mines and will get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative employees in the business.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe, and supportive work environment, which fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call Jane Gaylor on 03 8633 6733 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Advertised: 05 Sep 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 19 Sep 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time