An excellent opportunity is currently available to join our new Android team here in Melbourne.
Here at Xero we are all about people and creating beautiful experiences for our customers. We are a passionate team of technologists who love to learn and get involved in the community. We focus on developing solutions to make it easier for small businesses to grow through beautiful accounting software. With us you have a chance to make a huge impact on the lives and businesses of hundreds of thousands of people globally..... and we're just getting started
And like all great teams with big dreams, it’s what we do together that sets us apart. An exciting opening currently exists in our Melbourne office for an Android Developer. As an Android Developer you’ll undertake software application development of new or improved features in Xero’s products.
We work in an engaging, agile environment where you will be encouraged to expand your skills, test your creative boundaries, share new ideas, and have fun.
To be successful as an Android Developer at Xero you'll ideally have:
- Passion for working as part of a development team building design led software.
- Experience developing robust, high quality software meeting the agreed specifications and complying with Xero’s standards and procedures.
- A commitment to being the first user of your own code and also writing tests
- A continued interest in maintaining knowledge of Android development technologies
- The ability to excel in a working environment where you will assist analysts and designers and work closely with quality assurance through the development cycle.
- The ability to establish and maintain strong relationships within the development and also the wider organisation.
- A solid understanding of an Agile delivery framework and can articulate the benefits to your direct reports.
- Knowledge of the following is also bonus: .NET MVC, C#, API development
As the successful candidate you will ideally have experience working in an Android Development team alongside understanding Android tools. However, we are open to talking to you if you are seeking a change in development and have a passion for mobile technologies. Alongside this have a keen interest in keeping up to date with the latest android development trends. Hands on exposure to Agile processes and principles will assist in your success in this role and a passion for creating beautiful products that solve real customer problems. You will bring Authenticity, diplomacy and drive to the team alongside your “can-do” attitude and cross functional relationship building skills.
Just as important as the technical chops is the ability to be #human and take ownership of your environment. We are so lucky to have amazing people to work with and offices to work in based here in Melbourne and we'd love you to be a part of it.
Xero is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity, foster innovation and reward success. We will offer you flexible working hours and arrangements that allow you to balance your life and passions. We trust you to create to the best of your ability and will support your desire for continual learning with training and career guidance to help you flourish.
If you want to come to work with friends everyday and help to make Xero even more amazing, please apply