|Position Title:||Administrative Support Officer - Aboriginal Research|
|Tenure:||Full-time, Fixed Term - 3 yrs|
|Salary Range:||$63,233 to $66,509 per annum (G04)|
|Description:||About the Team
An opportunity to join the Looking Forward Project and be involved as part of a team on two innovative Aboriginal research projects, Looking Forward Moving Forward and Building Bridges. Both projects will measure the impact of a co-designed research intervention implemented by mental health and drug and alcohol service providers on the mental health and well being of Aboriginal people living in the Perth metropolitan area and across other regions in WA.
About the role
The role would provide support to the Chief Investigators and Research teams by undertaking administrative tasks which support the smooth running of the two projects. The position would liaise with functional service teams (e.g. School Business Manager, People and Culture, Transactions, Office of Research Development, and Marketing) and external partners as required and under the direction of their Line Manager, to ensure the timely and accurate completion of administrative requirements of the research projects, including support for: access to required research materials for project research staff: administrative processes related to stakeholder liaison, community engagement, recording meetings, organising events, and liaising with the Line Manager on budgets and spending, and generally assisting with handling daily project enquiries.
• You will be a central point of contact and will support the coordination of project activities.
• Key administrative tasks will include, for example:
- Minuting and following up actions from project team meetings
- Event organising including catering, venue, transport, participant payments
- Liaison with Aboriginal Elders stakeholders group on travel and time reimbursements
• Have the ability to undertake research support tasks with an administrative focus, such as:
- Newsletter management and distribution
- Contact list management
- Website management
- Endnote management
• Team fit is critical, and will require you to work closely with the Looking Forward team.
• Attributes of flexibility, openness, willingness are important given the nature of the research projects, whereby participants are representative of local Aboriginal communities in the Perth metro area, and of the partner services in mental health and drug and alcohol support with whom they work.
• Administrative experience is essential.
• An understanding of research projects would be desirable but not essential.
• Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
• Join and assist the diverse 8 person team at Curtin University on a full time basis for an initial period of 3 years
• Work directly with Aboriginal Elders, who are co-researchers on these projects
• Great opportunities to develop your career in Aboriginal health research
• Chance to develop your cultural competence
|Benefits and Remuneration:||The salary ranges presented are those which are contained within the University's Enterprise Agreements; as are the employee benefits which include employer superannuation contribution at the rate of the current Government Superannuation Guarantee amount up to 17 percent, study assistance, a comprehensive salary packaging and wellness programs and flexible and family friendly work practices.|
|Contact Person:||Margaret O'Connell, Research Fellow, on telephone 0892664145|
|Valuing Diversity and Affirmative Action:||Curtin University embraces diversity and inclusion and invites applications from women, men and intersex individuals who share the University's values, ethics, international outlook, value diversity and have an informed respect for indigenous people. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace, therefore, if you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application. We will then work with you to identify the best way to assist you through the recruitment process. All personal information will be kept confidential in compliance with relevant privacy legislation.|
|Submit Application:||To submit an application, click on the Apply Now button.|
|Disclaimer:||Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at anytime.|
Back to job search
Curtin is an internationally focused research and teaching university based in Perth, Western Australia. We have campuses in Singapore, Malaysia and Dubai with strong connections to businesses, industries and over 90 universities worldwide.
|Live Jobs: 16 - View all Jobs|
|Sector Specialisms: Education & Training|